Fuller's Vintage Ale 2007

overall
Formerly brewed at Fuller's
Style: English Strong Ale
Chiswick, England

RATINGS: 341   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
A classic Vintage Ale with an aroma which incorporates spicy hop notes with rich fruit character and leads on to a very full malty, fruity, sweet palate which has a surprisingly clean finish coupled with a matching bitterness.
I have handcrafted this beer from the finest Fuggles, Target and Super Styrian hops, Maris Otter malted barley and of course, our unique yeast to create a truly extraordinary unique brew. - John Keeling, Brewmaster

mds (2256) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 16, 2007
Bottle #34939. Pours a clear, tawny-copper coloured body with a large frothy eggshell head. The aroma is surprisingly very fruity with notes of pear, light peach, and caramel malts. This has a delectably silky palate and I can’t recall other vintages having been this drinkable to start out. Pleasant chewy caramel malts with a nice herbal hop presence and finishing with some bread notes.
I really enjoyed this early sampling and I’m looking forward to putting several away for years to come.

Radek Kliber (7501) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - DEC 16, 2007
Bottle 500 ml No 02913
Appearance :Blend of copper, amber and gold, finely carbonated with large head of ivory. Above average lace created adds to positive look.
Nose : Plenty of caramel gold malts with smooth green bitterness infused into followed by lighter theme of meadow hopping often found in top pilseners.7+
Flavor/Palate : Initial impression shows medium full body , sweet malt that enters in domain of hops. Smoothly constructed , all ingredients harmoniously work to created pleasant experience. Even slightly drying alcohol at upper echelon does its job. Ale that should be tasted slowly to fully enjoy its all dimensions. Still very fresh but considering its quality no need to age before reaching optimum.

Cartoonkhaki (1341) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 14, 2007
Rich golden colour with small tan head, nice lacing! Aroma is sweet malty with floral hops nicely mellowing it out. Very oddly I’m picking up a very faint cinnamon which I know is a combo of the malts and hops playing a trick on me. Flavour is tart with hoppy flavours all around. Leaves a nice dry after taste. From what I can remember I like this much better then the 2006.... which I have a bottle of still... I’ll wait later to try it one of these days.... hell I still have a 2005! Forgot about that one.

Sammy (13000) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 13, 2007
Like a young old ale/barleywine, with dryness from beginning to end. Some caramel malt kicking in the finish. Pours a nice head.

Diogène (1214) - Mirabel, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 13, 2007
Clear amber with a thick frothy head. Aroma is malty with herbal hops, caramel and some spices. Flavor is more bitter than expected. It is more complex than the aroma, there is grassy hops, biscuits, caramel, fruits and a dry finish.

bierkoning (13813) - La Tropica/Doarp, NETHERLANDS - DEC 13, 2007
Bottle. Orange amber color, dense head. Salt, salmiac, flowery hops and dried fruit in the complex aroma. Firm flowery and earthy hopbitter flavor with salt, dried orange fruit and some malty sweetness. Salty hopbitter aftertaste. Thoroughly enjoyable.

mannika (140) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Bottle #05425. Pours bright amber with little to no head. Aroma is actually a bit malty, with a bit of a yeasty smell as well. Picked up on a bit of spices as well, almost like cinnamon. Flavour is spicy, and lacks the complexity I was expecting. Bitter clean finish. In truth, I’m quite disappointed with this. I suppose I will have to let this age a bit, but I remember the 2006 being significantly better even without aging.

BBB63 (6567) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Bottle #121805 and served in Fullers Pint glass: Deep amber hue with lasting frothy head and good lace. Surprisingly hoppy nose for the genre, very grassy and herbal with an apple and strawberry esters, biscuity Maris Otter and a hint of dusty yeast. The taste is mildly fruit and malty with a balance of bitter and a note of bready finish. The mouth feel is soft and dry. I am not sure what to think of this beer for it seems not deep enough with malt and too hop forward but then that could be interesting in a few years. I just dunno... overproduced? Get back to me in 2010.

Emil (6064) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - DEC 12, 2007
Bottle. A dark amber beer with a off-white head. The aroma and taste is of malt, floral hops and fruits, so is the taste. Medium body with a light sweet finish.

jblendy (521) - Hawthorne, New Jersey, USA - DEC 12, 2007
Pours clear amber with a thick, creamy, off-white head. Somewhat light, semi-sweet doughy/fruity malt aroma, with floral hops, and a bit of alcohol. Herbal/floral hops right upfront, with just a bit of malty sweetness mid-palate that is quickly subdued by bitterness, and a good bit of alcohol. Palate is medium, bitter, alcoholic, and oily. Not bad, but the alcohol comes on way too strong.