overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Named after a distinctive New Zealand hop, this single-hop saison has a subtle aroma of white grapes and a hint of spice from our house saison yeast. An addition of Muscat grape must during fermentation plays into the grape aromas from the hops and helps dry out the finish. This dry, refreshing saison pairs perfectly with warm weather!

gephross100 (943) - Bellaire, Texas, USA - AUG 31, 2016
On draft at Brass Tap. Pours clear light yellow color with a thin white blanket. Smells like lemon zest, Chardonnay white wine grapes. Thin dry mouthfeel. Very good.

wombat23 (1362) - Texas, USA - AUG 30, 2016
Shared 11.2 oz. bottle. Pale straw with a white head. Aroma is funky and fruity. Taste is funk, fruit, hints of grape, banana notes, yeast, spice and malt. Interesting.

bu11zeye (13029) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - AUG 29, 2016
(Draught) Pours a cloudy pale yellow body with a medium white head. Aroma of melon, grain, pepper, white grape, weed, grass, and earth. Flavor of toasted grain, tropical fruit, grass, herbaceous, floral, vinous, and melon rind.

darbeer75 (887) - Round Rock, Texas, USA - AUG 28, 2016
Aroma: grapes with a little yeast and funk; Appearance: hazy yellow pour with a thin, white head that sticks around; Taste: interesting candy flavor with some sour/funkiness; Palate: medium body with long, sour/funk finish; Overall: unusual but it works for me. Might buy again.

Itzjerm (2794) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - AUG 23, 2016
Sweet vanilla. Tang malt. Vanilla malt candy. Good balance. Sweet. Candy thick well balanced. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

marcus (10147) - Sacramento, California, USA - AUG 17, 2016
On tap at Funkwerks. Pours hazy white gold with a bubbly white head and a funky sour fruit aroma. There is a medium-bodied pale mslt flavor with some fruity notes, mostly melon. A nice refreshing summer drink.

djd07 (14366) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 10, 2016
On tap at the hay merchant. Pours a pale yellow gold with small white head that diminishes quickky. The aroma is fruity hop and grass. Medium body, bubblegum, wheat, light finish, good.

baraciisch (3187) - California, USA - AUG 5, 2016
Pale hazy yellow in color... Aroma is huge notes of grape must, melon... Flavor is fairly fruity Belgian malts, grapes, malts, biscuits... Some melon, grains and yeast on the finish... Decent ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

beastiefan2k (3903) - HdG (past: NYC, KS, Rain City), Maryland, USA - AUG 3, 2016
12oz capped bottle. I have to start by saying that I am a totally slut for Nelson Sauvin hops. I mean, I hate hop heads b/c I think hops are dumb as the main vehicle for beer. Of course, I have had beers where the I loved the hops but those few and far between. But NS hops always do it for me and I rarely get to drink the,. Well, this does not disappoint. Fresh cut melon and white grape aroma makes me atwitter with delight and makes me forgot the slightly overly sweet and boring base Belgian beer. Since NS is a less assertive hop its overwhelmed in the flavor but the thicker, more biscuity mat character. The maltiness isn’t crazy over the top its just too strong for the NS hops. A very pale color with a moderate head that lasts a decent amount of time. Bottom line: I love the hop and can give or take the base beer.

Prufrockstar (2132) - Moscow, Idaho, USA - AUG 2, 2016
Sampler at Bricks. Keep seeing these bottles around, but keep passing them up for reasons I don’t know. But here it is on draft and the sampler is relatively cheap, so nothing to stop me now. Hazy gold pour, thin film white head. Aroma is all bubblegum, flowers, melon and honey. Taste: moderately sweet; no real funk; bubblegum for days; lasting fruitiness with light pepper and moderate bitterness. Medium+ body, slick texture, lasting bitterness. Overall: odd balance of flavors -- doesn’t gel for me, but also not bad. I’ll cautiously try more from these folks.