overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 21   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Paisley is the culmination of all our knowledge and experience with using Brettanomyces. Paisley is a unique type of Saison fermented with one Sacchromyces and two Brettanomyces yeast strains that showcase the tropical fruit esters produced by Brettanomyces. A cornucopia of distinctive hop varieties were added to compliment the Brett including El Dorado, New Zealand Rakau, Australian Galaxy, and Amarillo hops.

Sammy (12725) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 22, 2017
21 months old and maybe thats too long in the bottle on the funk, and hops have gone into an old age. Tasty and drinkable as it grows on me, and lots of hot spicy food to change the taste.Real farmhouse.

Shag (3045) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - JUN 18, 2016
Cloudy yellow color with a white head. Aroma contains some lemons, and dusty cardboard boxes. The flavor is dry and sour with citrus and herbal notes. Overall a good not great sour.

heemer77 (5360) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - JUN 18, 2016
Slightly hazy gold body poured out of the 750. Thanks for sharing, Shag. Nose of funky rotting pears and some must. There is a little bit of floral character. The taste was herbal and medicinal. There is a finish of cake donuts and a hint of tartness.

Nuffield (4195) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - MAY 9, 2016
I’ll agree with others that while I haven’t been bowled over by this brewery, this is one beer that has stood out. Big, floral nose with a nice funk edge and a moderately bitter finish. Good saison dimensions and something original, too. Bottle (bottled on December 8, 2014).

tompete (347) - Tillsonburg, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 1, 2016
Pours clear dark gold with a small off white head. Aroma is saison and juicy fruit gum. Flavour is candy and earth. Nom. Finish she is slightly funky.

CanIHave4Beers (4224) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - FEB 25, 2016
On Draught
Pours a pale golden color with a big fluffy white head and good lacing on the glass.

The aroma is floral with some limestone basement, it’s got apricot and some citrus fruit. It’s got a mild "chillen in a hayfield w/ cowz" funk thing happening.

The flavor is mildly bitter with a nice fruity hop character up front and a little bit of tart and floral flavor to it as well. As it warms some spiciness and baguette breadiness comes out to play more prominently. It’s reasonably dry and has a nice peach like note throughout.

I’m not always much of a cheerleader for Funkwerks Saisons, but I’ll tip a hat in the deserving direction, this is nice.

nickd717 (4885) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 12, 2016
2014 vintage on draft. OK, this is going to have a Brad Paisley theme. Let’s get on with it "Then" - drinking this while I’m "Waitin’ on a Woman." "Remind Me" what I was doing - oh yeah, getting some "Ticks." I don’t want to be an "Accidental Racist" like someone from "Old Alabama" but I’m judging this by its color, and it’s a good’un. Clear golden, small white head. The aroma is a "Perfect Storm" of wild bretty notes, tropical fruits, mild funk. Puts me in a "Southern Comfort Zone" on an "American Saturday Night." Mildly sweet flavor, yielding to tartness and mild spice. Medium body. Good beer to have Pairs well with "Country Music." Funkwerks is "Crushin’ It" today. If you’re "Anything Like Me" you’ll like this. Well, been a long day of dog urethras (long story) and "Alcohol." "When I get where I’m going" with some "Mud on the Tires," sing me a "Whiskey Lullaby" so I can finally get some sleep. To this beer, "We Danced" and "I’m Gonna Miss Her." If you "Find Yourself" here, it’s decent and you should probably order it. To those reading this years down the road, "Welcome to the Future!" Hopefully the transgender movement hasn’t taken over too much and "I’m Still a Guy." I live for "Little Moments" like this!

wlajwl (7063) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - JAN 18, 2016
Aroma is Brett/funk, sugar and spices. The flavor is Brett/funk, malts, spices, slight earthiness and a mildly sweet finish.

blueshockey24 (648) - Colorado, USA - JAN 2, 2016
Bomber. Pours light golden with white head. Aroma is flowery (lilies) and sour. Taste is flowery sweet with a flowery finish. Not bad but not my thing.

rosskyle (760) - Denver, Colorado, USA - DEC 31, 2015
750ml bottle. Clear orange yellow color with a white head. Tangerine funk yeast aroma. Medium body. Funk tropical fruit yeast flavor. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone