RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 3.67/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Our Rye IPA brewed with an obscene amount of cluster hops. With an ABV closer to most double IPAs, the rye helps complement the strong citrus hop flavor and aroma.

Most RecentTicked By

hopscotch (11170) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2010
Draft… Hazy, deep mahogany ale with a small, off-white head. The fragrance is earthy, funky and bursting-at-the-seams with pine sap, light sorghum molasses and toasted malt. Rye is detectable and spicy, but not overwhelming. Full-bodied and fatty with relaxed carbonation. Leans sweet – the malts outshine the cluster hops. As with the aroma, rye is present, but is nearly an afterthought. Hearty, bittersweet finish with a splash of crusted port.

dimenhetfield (2486) - , Florida, USA - SEP 26, 2010
On tap at the Buddha for the grand opening. I’ve never been that into rye IPA’s or any beer with a rye presence for that matter, but this one was quite good. It held a lot of earthy tones, pine and such, but also a good amount a sweet malty flavors to go along with it. A very enjoyable beer.

darkguardian (733) - Florida, USA - SEP 25, 2010
Draft at the Buddha grand opening. This was an odd one for me. I kinda liked the aroma of this, But I dig cluster hops so thats no suprise. Some tangerine and pine notes and a light grassiness as well as a strong caramel note. Flavor is pretty malty. There is definite hop flavor but the bitterness isn’t what I expected, its a little on the sweet side. This one could have used some heavier hopping but what is there I like.