RATINGS: 15   MEAN: 3.74/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Real ginger and lemongrass flavor this light and refreshing wheat ale. One of the original brews at the Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery in Boca Raton. Pairs excellently with sushi, Vietnamese, and Thai food.

dimenhetfield (2486) - , Florida, USA - AUG 28, 2012
On draft at the Buddha. Somewhat cloudy with a hazy yellowish color. Good carbonation with a nice fluffy head. Aroma has a good bit of ginger mixed with a little bit of sugar, reminds me somewhat of a ginger candy, but not overly sweet. Very tasty and refreshing.
Earlier Rating: 4/17/2011 Total Score: 4
On tap at Funky Buddha. I’ve been awaiting this beer release for some time. It seems that I somehow I always just miss it. The base beer is the Floridan so that would explain a lot of the banana aroma I got from the first whiff. It has a nice lemon/ginger zest to it as well. The carbonation was a little off IMO and it almost reminded me of a flat Sprite. It’s still a good beer, don’t get me wrong.

jtclockwork (16951) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 9, 2011
Mini Growler thanks to my Uncle! Shared with Yanick. Pours cloudy yellow. White head. Nose and taste of an Asian stir fry! Lots of ginger, wasabi, lemongrass, wheat and spices. Smooth. Very sessionable. This just works. It shouldn’t, but it does.

Ferris (16106) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 18, 2015
Draft - Sweet and pickled ginger. Cloudy gold with a decent white head. Pickled ginger light heat and a clean finish. Ginger is really showcased well.

beernovice39 (3270) - Idaho, USA - JUL 30, 2011
Draft at brewer. Hazy gold with a thin white head. Scent is spicy. Taste is a sharp citrus and spice.

GT (10001) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 14, 2011
Tap at Hunahpu 2011. The pour is a cloudy, dirty deep yellow with no head formation. Aroma is heavy ginger root, lemon, bay leaves. Taste is heavy medicinal, lots of sugary sweetness with sharp ginger spice. Creates an instant headache. Really a nice idea but not executed very well. I’m a big fan of ginger, but I’m not sure how this is different from just ginger tea with lots of sugar added. Probably would be better to first make a good sour mash wheat beer with a little acidity and then add in freshly cut ginger in the mash and again in secondary. The sweet base beer is just not very good so the ginger really is just hiding it.