overall

RATINGS: 354   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Coffee Porter.
Evoking a complete diner-style breakfast in a glass, Maple Bacon Coffee Porter is a complex beer with a multitude of flavors at play. It pours an opaque ebony brew with a frothy tan head. Aromas of sticky maple syrup, coffee, and cream creep forth from the glass. The mouth feel is luxuriously creamy, with layers of sweet malt, toffee, and roast giving way to waves of smoke, coffee, and salted chocolate. It finishes sticky, rich, and sweet, with the flavor of maple syrup lingering pleasantly on the tongue.

GreatDane1632 (1169) - North Dakota, USA - JUN 1, 2014
To be quite honest-Holly shit this beer is amazing. thanks be to my good buddy ’Topher , if not for him I would not have had the opportunity to sample, share, appreciate this beer. Poured into a Prairie tulip glass and it wastes not time asserting what it is. Phenomenal Maple, Pancake Sausage, McGriddle flavor aroma and boyd. No kidding this smells like a full plate of breakfast. Holy shit, I cannot express my pure pleasure while eating/Drinking this beer, it is simply breakfast. I want more, So much more!

FunkyBuddaMan (16) - boca raton, Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2015
Have being a Funky Buddha member since the Original Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery opened in Boca Raton 2010 this Beer never gets old. There is just simply nothing else like it.

sfadchi (1) - Scotch Plains, Alabama, USA - MAY 15, 2017 does not count
The best porter I’ve ever had with "No Rules" coming in a close second. The maple flavor and smell is amazing!

drnklikalocal (1) - - JAN 25, 2014 does not count
My brother gave me a 22 oz. bomber as a gift. Knowing i could trade this beer for almost any my heart desired I decided it was worthy of my keeping. Nice carbonation medium/ more twoards dark brown. Great maple/ coffee aroma. Beautiful espresso colored head. Medium to full body porter. A load of maple upfront coffee aftertaste malty backbone slight salty finish.

HuskerTan (2201) - Ravenna, Nebraska, USA - MAY 10, 2017
Bottle. A- Maple syrup, candied bacon, subtle brown sugar, subtle molasses. A- Black body, black liquid, light brown head. T- Subtle bacon, maple, mild sweetness. P- Medium body, average texture, average carbonation, complex finish. O- Again with these tasty porters from Funky Buddha. Seems like it should be a huge beer but it’s a tasty beer that hasn’t been Imperialized and remains at less than 6.5%. Definitely lives up to the hype. I got loads of pure real maple flavor with a candied bacon secondarily that adds a light burnt brown sugar flavor without much umami. Somehow I didn’t get much coffee. I’m sure it helps balance things out but it didn’t standout as a flavor that I detected. Somehow these all work well together yet shine on their own. What a tasty treat this was.

dosbeerigos (24) - Florida, USA - OCT 19, 2010
UPDATED: JAN 21, 2011 I had this beer courtesy of Kevin from the Funky Buddha, at the tasting I went to on Sunday. This was an “experimental” batch of the Piiti Porter. The beer was aged on a breakfast coffee that has hints of Bacon, Maple Syrup, and Strong Coffee. Now I love the standard Piiti Porter, but hot damn this beer is amazing! Honestly, if breakfast in a beer is possible, I think it has finally been accomplished. The guys at the Funky buddha brought home the bacon (pun intended) with this beer. The upfront taste was one of a standard coffee porter, then the maple syrup flavor comes in, and the leads back to coffee on the finish. Looking for the bacon was a challenge, and it mainly comes across in the nose. Simply put, This is what breakfast beers should be! If you are in the area jump on this soon, as from what I understand there is about 10 gallons total. Depending on the response they will brew it again. I have my fingers crossed that they do brew it again!

pastradul (43) - California, USA - JUL 10, 2011
Poured from a sealed growler from a friend that got this sent to them from the FBL directly!!!! Poured in a tasting tulip. pours a pitch black with minimal head. was poured pretty soft since it was a tasting glass. the nose is amazing... light roasted coffee followed by a hint a sweetness and a tad of smoke. the taste is amazing. all of the different aspects of the beer come through at different stages of the taste. First you get the coffee on the front/ initial taste. Then as it moves back in the mouth the maple sweetness takes over ( but not in an over powering way like a creme brulee) then after you swallow and breath a little but the smoke (savory bacon) hits the back of the throat! This is one amazing beer for sure! Glad i was able to try it.

pari6819 (55) - Florida, USA - MAR 12, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2012 I had this at the Florida Regional Brews Takeover at the Brass Tap in Wesley Chapel during Tampa Beer Week. I had heard about this beer for months and was a bit cynical, but once I had it, I can only describe it as a rare experience. This pour was perfectly balanced with smokiness and a gorgeous tint of Maple that was not overpowering. Its chocolate notes were very apparent but not out of check. Its coffee notes were like a rich espresso. This is a beer that is unique and truly worth experiencing. It illuminates many unique possibilities that creative brewing can yield.

ksurkin (1021) - Norfolk, Virginia, USA - FEB 26, 2013
multiple 2oz samples on tap at brewvival 2013. super stoked to finally get the chance to try this in such a cool setting. not my typical eloquent rating as i was standing in 6in of mud and the pouring rain... pours pitch black, velvety, and truly rich for an imperial porter/sweet stout with a dense, dark mocha head. aroma is wonderful with huge, fresh cofffee, roast, maple syrup, smoked meat, brown sugar, and toast. flavor follows suit but cranks everything up a notch with huge notes of sweet maple syrup, toasted waffles, espresso, and fresh bacon backed by lingering roast, smoke, and toffee. palate is rich, creamy, and perfectly carbonated. overall, a world class beer that deserves the hype.

jayzz (481) - Illinois, USA - JAN 18, 2015
 Very easy drinking and really nice dessert. This lives up to the hype. Stoked to try the imperial version at Huna day.