overall
Brewed by Cerveceria Centro Americana
Style: Pale Lager
Guatemala City, Guatemala

RATINGS: 468   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.74/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A clear golden lager beer with a characteristic body, fine bitternes and delicate aroma. Because of its full-bodied and balanced flavor it has become the preferred choice for those who enjoy a premium quality beer. This beer is sold in USA as Famosa

BeerRenter76 (1007) - Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2016
Originally rated on 8/1/08.Clear golden yellow with a frothy white head. Not much aroma, tastes of a little corn and hay. A little lacing was left on my glass, overall its what you would expect, a bland, unexciting third world beer

ffbot (417) - Oakland, California, USA - MAR 7, 2016
Pretty average through and through. I drank one of the 34-ish ounce bottles, and I had it slightly warm or room temperature. Smell is cold wet hay and corn fluff, sweetness and some malt. Taste is a big nothiní, it doesnít subscribe to anything specifically, though it is very drinkable. Watery, sure, but still itís better than Sol.

rjplumer (1075) - Foxboro, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 16, 2016
Light grain smell with a touch of skunk. Clear yellow body with a pure white head. Light grain sweetness. Light bitterness. Plain and drinkable.

Frank (4172) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 23, 2016
This is in a brown bottle but still skunked to high hell. Itís clear yellow with a foamy head. I reckon this would be rather drinkable and nice but itís a little too sweet, which does bring out a nice cereal note but still not great. I wonít mind drinking the whole giant bottle of it though. A brother can get damn thirsty in this day and age.

edbast (38) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 6, 2016
Ubiquitous in Guate. A thirst quencher. Better than water? Make sure itís cold.

MACHarmon (2) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - DEC 15, 2015 does not count
I have spent quite a bit of time in Guatemala and Gallo has never failed me in my quest to cool off after a hot day of work. The secret to making Gallo taste really incredible is to squeeze a bit of lime in it. Not too much just a bit. It does have a hay smell with a golden, clear color. Not uch head when poured minimal head it has a verslight light sweetness to it. Its my personal favorite when there.

andrewje41 (3747) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - NOV 19, 2015
12 oz can poured. Listed as Famosa. Though I wish I could say I had a Gallo printed. Pours a clear pale gold with a thin oily head. I paid a suprising amount for this beer. Over $5 I believe. The price of a new country tick, but for the beer, itís a surprise. I suppose it had a long trip in. Near absent grassy aroma. Flavor is very clean and crisp. Smooth flavor. No bad flavor here. Goes down like water. Very light. Above average import pale lager for sure. I would drink this again.

trexibmer (60) - - NOV 11, 2015
This sure takes like central America Coors or Miller with more of a maize or corn taste profile with a lighter but distinct malt liquor taste. Itís not that bad at all for what it is.

ordybill (1738) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 13, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass at the World of Beer in Kennesaw, GA. This is a very pale straw colored beer with a slightly skunky aroma. This beer has a very weak beer taste and is completely unremarkable.

jcwattsrugger (12418) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - SEP 10, 2015
12oz can-trade with jtclockwork. foamy white head that disappears-pale yellow. A-hay/some corn. T-follows, light bodied.