overall
Brewed by Gananoque Brewing Company
Style: Kölsch
Gananoque, Canada

RATINGS: 61   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The flagship beer from the Gananoque Brewing Company, nestled deep in Ontario’s beautiful Thousand Islands region. Carefully hand crafted using all-natural high quality barley and hops.  We partially filter and brew to 24 IBUs, creating a lager with a light gold colour, crisp hoppy taste, and a fuller finish.

Crockett (1127) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 15, 2017
Blind rating. Didn't know it was a Kolsh until entering numbers. Won't affect much. Pours a very plain and clear pale gold with a modest foamy white head. Trace lacing. While not entirely unpleasant, there's next to nothing going on here. Faint herbal hops, mineral oil, some toasted bread/cracker malts. Some very mild apple/pear. I would not describe this as a "crisp hoppy taste", unless you were comparing this to the lamest macro. Finish is a tad sweet. Icing sugar/candies. It's honestly nowhere near as good as I was hoping. And, it'd have been nice if it were more to style.

drukoff (12) - - NOV 5, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 12, 2017 I like to consider myself a beer snob, but I've been drinking beer for so long that at this point in my life I know what I like. It's rare that I walk into a corner store and find an intriguing beer that catches my eye. Naughty Otter, however, did just that. Now, I must admit, I was lured in by the beer's playful name (Naughty!), but the cans also included an intriguing story that made me want to take that 6 pack home with me, rip off the plastic ring and enjoy those beers til death do us part. So I did! And let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. This medium bodied beer has a crisp, smooth flavor that is not particularly complex. However, I must say I have not tasted many beers of similar taste. At 5.2%, I'd recommend this beer for anybody looking for a good middle ground between traditional lighter lagers, and heavier ales or IPAs.

TheChaBra (15) - California, USA - OCT 27, 2017
Recently discovered this beer - it doesn't seem very widely available yet. Pretty unique for a lager - it's more flavorful without getting overpowering in hoppiness. Lager's don't tend to be my favorite beers, so I can't say this is my favorite and go-to beer now, but I definitely like it as my potential go-to lager

mjdhobbs (13) - - OCT 24, 2017
A quality micro lager that I found very refreshing. It has subtle hops with fresh malt aromas. There definitely is a little more bitterness present than you'd find with a macro lager, but it is pretty well-blended with the malt.

wheldfond18 (12) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 13, 2017
A new Canadian import that I just found out about. Crisp and dry, lightly carbonated. Great beer for warm weather/BBQs or just having a few beers with friends after work.

Hopskotch (21) - Stanford, California, USA - SEP 28, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 9, 2017 A new Canadian brand in the SF bay area and not bad! Very easy drinking, gentle hop presence. My friends loved the name :)

ahansen_sf (21) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 23, 2017
Really enjoyed this. Didn’t know what to make of packaging. Fun I guess, though a little weird for my sense of humor. But beer was quite drinkable and crisp.

pootzboy (1805) - Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 20, 2017
Can - pours a pale straw hazy lager in the glass. Puffy white 2 finger cap lasts. Light grainy-grassy aroma but departs a deeply malty- well hopped flavor - chewy malts in front and the woody hopping takes over the dry finish - well balanced, clean, malty, satisfying - a good small-batch crafted Canadian lager.

aimster92 (16) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 17, 2017
Tried this and the wheat - hard to choose between! This one definitely goes down easy. Could drink a few of these. Maybe I’m biased because I love otters!!

nsharma (12) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 30, 2017
I tried the Naughty Otter Lager during my visit to Toronto last month. The lager has a beautiful light golden colour with a thin white head. The beer is moderately hoppy with citrus notes and has a very refreshing taste. The lager tasted better than I expected. I highly recommend this beer and I would definitely try it again.