overall
Serve in Stem glass, Tulip

RATINGS: 719   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
(Translation from French):
In the XIV century, the good beers were called Goudale, Goudalle or Good Ale. There were sold for 2 deniers a pot at a merchant called Goudalier.

Fat (3) - - AUG 8, 2012 does not count
This is my favorite French beer I drink a couple every night. It is now available in 33cl bottles. It is interesting how few people described the beer accurately as it is flavoured with orange zest and coriander. Goudale responds well to being chilled. Gayant brewery also make beers that are sometimes sold in Lidl these are great value and well worth buying I just bought 7 cases of Abaye beer in 75cl bottles for 1.5 euros a bottle - very good value. Tastes like a less alcoholic and less flavored Goudale. Damn shame the beer had ben pasteurised. Would love to try unpasteurised Gayamt beers.

Kronhjort1996 (73) - Århus C, DENMARK - SEP 23, 2017
Lækker caramel malt, let caramel, der er sågar brugt ris i denne øl. Gylden, helt klar med et fint vedvarende hvidt hoved, på trods af gentagende ophældninger. ledt sød, let alkoholisk bitter. Perfekt balance. medium body, slick feel, average compelte carbonation, god forfriskende afslutning. En gedin god ale.

SilkTork (5849) - Southampton, United Kingdom, Hampshire, ENGLAND - AUG 10, 2004
Bottle conditioned. Ah! Wonderful. This is real beer. Beer intended to be drunk and enjoyed. There is no attempt to be fancy here - this is beer for beer drinkers. And it’s absolutely gorgeous. Drink this and your mouth will love you for ever. This has one of the best mouthfeels of all the beers I have drunk. Fresh, light, gentle, yet creamy, seductive and tingly and exciting and refreshing and satisfying. Wow! This just says Drink Me - I’ll be anything you want! I’ve popped the cork and been drinking and topping up. I just wanted a little night cap before going to bed. I was intending to have a glass (maybe two) and leave the rest for tomorrow when I can compare it with another Biere de Garde. But it just keeps - o look at it there in the glass - so naughty, so lacy and feminine and inviting - it just keeps making me drink more and more. I love this beer. Little fruit whirls going off like fireworks. And I feel so close to the natural ingredients. So close to a fresh real beer. I love this! I love it! Beer of the fucking month! Wow!

nuplastikk (6452) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 3, 2008
750ml corked bottle. Golden-orange color with a thick head. Sweet, creamy taste. Very smooth, exceptionally so. Light meady notes with a light dry, hoppy balance. Very delicate mouthfeel. This is a great Biere de Garde, vastly underrated. Excellent malt character, a perfect example of the style.