RATINGS: 324   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Fully kraeusened to produce carbonation naturally for a clean, smooth taste, "Genny" is brewed with six-row barley malt, corn grits, hops from the Yakima Valley and Genesees exclusive bottom-fermenting yeast

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
BlowOffTube (501) - Michigan, USA - MAR 6, 2014
Drake is right, slight ham water. Yellow pour white head that went away quickly. Some fruity malt and corn taste and kind of.like chewing on straw. High carbonation very thin body. Yum.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
scooterbub (1047) - Lander, Wyoming, USA - JAN 15, 2014
12 ounce stubby bottle. Pours a golden yellow with a thin white head that slowly fades. Taste is caramel, grass, corn and grain. Aroma is of grass and grain. Has a decent body that coats the mouth. The finish is slightly sweet. Refreshing and easy to drink. A good thirst quencher for the price.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
blackisle (2267) - IJburg, NETHERLANDS - NOV 10, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 30, 2016 USA 2011. Clear pale golden, fluffy white head, disappears quickly, some lacing, light sweet bready nose, cereal, corn, grass, hint of citrus, light sweet, slight bitterness, light body, bit sticky texture, clean dry finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
radarsock (1166) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 19, 2014
Stale cornflakes and sweat. It teeters on being boring and dull, but, it sure kills the time, lads! Jim Jefferies wrote this fuckin review while eating my fuckin stew that I made on my stove. I feel so accomplished.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
csaso (2179) - Missouri, USA - DEC 19, 2013
Can - good size foamy head, very pale straw color, sweet corn aroma and flavor, not much hops, very dry finish - not very good overall ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
pinkie (470) - New York, USA - FEB 14, 2014
Pours beautifully. Straw colored golden with a fat white head that fell fast and left splotchy lacing. Brilliant clarity . You could read through it. Lots of bubbles streaming up to the top./ Nose is faint light grain and a touch of cooked corn. A bit of hop herbal and perfectly clean. No fruity esters whatsoever. Just lovely. Taste is crisp with some firm carbonation. Light sweet grain, cooked corn that is sweet and delicious. There is a touch of mineral or metallic on the palate but its from the water. This finishes dry and with a nice little bitter to tease you into more and more. Light smooth mouthfeel and you could drink this beer all day. Nothing wrong with it at all but it is thin and develops a watery quality as it warms. It also gains a bit of sour taste from the combined grains as it warms.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SHIG (4930) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - DEC 28, 2013
Can thanks to my buddy Red: Drank from the classic white can with simple beautiful label. Aroma is fresh grain. The taste is magical as it opens up memories of my childhood and upstate NY. Does it get any better?

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Drake (13150) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 4, 2014
Mmm... an American classic. 24 ounce tallboy from Bruisin. Smells a bit like ham when I pour it. Pours a pale golden color with a large fizzy tan head. Poor head retention. Aroma of grain, a mild salty, hammy note and a weak attempt at hops. The taste is corn, grain, green apple. Thin, watery, high carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
stevoj (4309) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JAN 14, 2014
24 oz. can from Jacksons. Nice looking with high tightly beaded head. For a lager not bad, light on the palate and not too much evidence of the adjunct grains. Crisp, clean, refreshing. Certainly better than some of the big boys, a good summer thirst quencher.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
RapeBeer (21) - Indiana, USA - AUG 1, 2013
While visiting Berkshire County, Massachusetts I quickly discovered a local "party store" to find some regional beers. In a sea of fun labels and enticing names, my eyes were drawn to a lonely cooler in the back of the store. Inside, I found a shining six-pack of Genesee. Having never heard of it before, I asked the dude at the counter about it. He said "Its an old-school beer. Grandpas drink it." I looked at the two-bit label and knew that I had to try it. As a fan of regionally macro-brewed American Pale Lagers, I knew I had made a good choice. My first sip, I wont lie, was a bit hard to swallow. It tasted a little bit like an aluminum can. The second through twelfth sips, however, we delightfully crisp and easy to drink. I probably wouldnt want to drink a warm Genesee but I am satisfied with my purchase. I look forward to trying the other beers in the Genesee family.