RATINGS: 317   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Fully kraeusened to produce carbonation naturally for a clean, smooth taste, "Genny" is brewed with six-row barley malt, corn grits, hops from the Yakima Valley and Genesee’s exclusive bottom-fermenting yeast

🙈 walterz42099's rating is a personal note, has fewer than the 75 required characters and does not contribute to the beer's score.

Jow (4091) - Orlando, Florida, USA - OCT 1, 2017
Can while visiting my new god son. Pale yellow. Nose is grainy hint of citrus. Tastes of grains, yeast, lemon zest. Slight cardboard aftertaste.

Haslinger (984) - The World of Beer, Texas, USA - SEP 19, 2017
drunk on tap at the brewhouse, not particularly exciting but nothing too offensive, doesn't have the sweet taste of Genny Cream which in my book is a very good thing

johnnnniee (4408) - Bedford, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 18, 2017
On tap at the bar across the street from My Airbnb in Schenectady. Crystal clear deep yellow with a thin bubbly white head. Earthy grainy corny notes not the worst beer I had on this trip but far from the best.

yespr (47567) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - JUL 12, 2017
24 fl oz can. Pours clear and golden yellow. Small white head. Aroma is grassy and slight straw. Flat cornish, dry. Grassy and straw finish.

LinusStick (3514) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 4, 2017
I like macro pale lagers to an extent but this was worse than most. I love their cream ale so I figured I’d give this a shot. Terrible. No aroma. Light clear bubbly gold with a one finger white head. Taste was literally like carbonated water with a hint of sugar. Mild carbonation.

tomer (3746) - Rishon Le Zion, ISRAEL - MAY 7, 2017
Can, malty fruity skunky aroma, malty fruity vanila flavor with a coarse unpleasant bitterness. Just your usual usless macro lager.

DrunkJarhead (1) - Pittsford, Alabama, USA - APR 25, 2017 does not count
I would have to say that this is an awesome pale lager to drink after a hard days work, out in the yard laboring on a hard day, or just to sit back and relax. It’s a lighter tasting beer that is a delight to have. From time to time, there are a few cases where it carries more of a metallic aroma (when from a can) than I would prefer but it quickly dissipates.

wlajwl (7069) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - APR 24, 2017
Aroma is malts/pale malts, mild corn and slight fruit. The flavor is typical AAL, no nasty notes, a plus. As expected, didn’t reinvent the AAL but like most Genesee beers, it was very drinkable.

cephas122 (1) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 26, 2017 does not count
This is my "go to" pale lager beer, especially when you really want a nice clean thirst quencher. I occasionally enjoy IPAs and Belgian wheat beers that have much more intense flavor, but this beer is my favorite AAL and also my favorite Macrobrew beer. If you taste test this side by side against Bud, Miller, Coors, Pabst, Labatts, Molson, or any other macrobrew lager- Genny Beer beats them all. Super clean, lightly hopped, no after taste whatsoever - as log as you make sure you buy it in bottles. Here’s the best part - a 12 pack of Genny bottles is $6.50 here in Rochester NY (Wegmans).

gephross100 (943) - Bellaire, Texas, USA - DEC 31, 2016
Crowler thanks to Jeff. Light yellow color with a thin white head. Creamed corn. Average carbonation.