RATINGS: 752   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Flavor of a fine ale and the smoothness of a premium lager.

1.4
krisbierjaeger (844) - dolores, Colorado, USA - DEC 22, 2003
i can't remember a better goddam beer. of course, i was just hit by a bus and i can't remember much of anything. har har. yeah, it's kind of a joke beer -- a guy at work who knows that i'm "way in to beer" presented me with this sample along with his compliments. pours kind of a vauge yellow, like vaseline on a ritz cracker, with an apparently ligitimate head. aroma of waste baskets in an office environment-- that is, variations on the theme of paper products. some unpopped popcorn kernals, with solid backing from corn and marshmallo jello. if i was told that it is a fairly dry, corn flake-flavored soda, i wouldn't be able to provide any evidence to the contrary. watery texture, touch of salt, token presense of bitterness--though not from hops--bitterness seems to be derived from a gentle filtration through old auto parts. but seriously, it's really not bad. tho you're probably better off pouring out the beer and eating the can. har har.

0.9
MaBeer1972 (2051) - Reno, Nevada, USA - DEC 20, 2003
Canned version. Someone offered me it at a party, so I figured to try it. Nothing special. Somewhat strange flavor. I really hate cans!

lipskin (38) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - DEC 13, 2003
This beer really isn't that bad. My ex-girlfriend's parents drank this stuff all the time and I thought it was nasty swill. I have to admit that I've grown quite fond of it in those times that I'm short on cash or unable to get to a quality beer store.

drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - DEC 4, 2003
This is some fine tasting cream ale. No, REALLY, it ain't bad. What IS bad however is that this costs roughly $3-4 for a six where I come from (youngstown) and $6 where I am (tucson). Cans back home, bottles here. Here it's "premium", back there it's pretty damn good beer for being cheap regional shit. Eh, whatever. It ain't Speedway Stout or Orval or nothin', no sir. But it's okay by me. UPDATE: Upon further review I have determined that I believe that this beer is Bass-like in some small way. Please do not ask me why. Also, buying Genesee for the first time in forever reminded me of the time when I went camping with a friend and we made a list of Country songs which don't exist but that we should write sometime. The best one was "Who's gonna beat you when I'm gone?" And if you don't think that's funny you can kiss my butt. I'll pack up my legos and go home, goddammit.

djmcfar (64) - Ixonia, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 8, 2003
pale color - thin head - retained carbonation good - little or no aroma - slightly sweet taste with nothing objectionable (nothing much to note either) - extremely easy to drink - I drank this for a couple of years in the early 80s

1.4
Shagnasty (130) - Rochester, New York, USA - OCT 4, 2003
This is quite gross. I would much rather drink Genny light than this. Poured, looked exactly the same as every other genny product but it tasted worse.

psark (54) - Binghamton, New York, USA - SEP 25, 2003
The beer I grew up with. Drinkable, very light palate and nose. Better than a Bud/Miller/Coors, but not by much.

Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - SEP 2, 2003
I find it hard to beleive that this is an ale. What a mess. First the good - poured a sparkling gold, fluffy long lasting head, great lacing. Palate is actually o.k. - soft and creamy (duh, "cream" ale). Taste is not bad - malty and moderately corned, a slight hint of hops. As expected, you can't let this one warm up, it turns oily and alcy tasting. I guess that's why there's a screw top on my 40oz'er - you can cap it and keep it cool in the fridge.

Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - AUG 27, 2003
This cream ale pours a clear, straw yellow color. The head is thin, white, and fizzy. The beer has absolutely no aroma at all. It has a light body with high carbonation. The mouth feel is smooth and the finish is crisp. Not a lot of flavor, just a bit of malty sweetness in the background. I kinda like it, it has no off flavors and doesn't taste like it's full of adjuncts.

Suttree (6385) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 23, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2003 Dark Yellow. Surprisingly dense white head, lively carbonation., Thin body, then a sour tase, barely any hops. Overall, Appearance is nice, but everything else is average to awful.