RATINGS: 752   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.28/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Flavor of a fine ale and the smoothness of a premium lager.

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - APR 10, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 28, 2010 12oz can. Medium white head atop sparkling, crystal clear apple juice body. Aroma is moderately sweet, cereal, orange. Taste is medium sweet, orange, some cereal, cream. Light body, fairly smooth.

bpeary (2) - USA - APR 10, 2002 does not count
When it comes to American piss-water beer, Genny Cream is by far the best. I’ll take it over Bud, Miller, or Coors any day. I almost spooged my pants when I found it in Arizona. As a native of upstate New York, its a requirement that I like this stuff :)

Skred (107) - Houma, Louisiana, USA - MAR 29, 2002
This was an old bottle from the back of the fridge. I dimly remember being unimpressed with it when it was young; is it possible that this improves with age? Pale golden color, little head but moderate carbonation. Very mild, a hint of vanilla, almost like an alcoholic cream soda, but not so much to keep it from being a fairly decent beer. Good with food, as it easily blends into the background.

AceOfHearts (1374) - Mountain View, California, USA - MAR 17, 2002
Pretty average American stuff, a bit sweet, unremarkable.

trebor99 (8) - east westfield, New York, USA - MAR 11, 2002 does not count
Smooth and pleasant beer. Kind of sweet for my taste. Worth trying.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - MAR 11, 2002
Probably the best of the cheap beers, smooth tasting, but if you aren’t fond of the slightly sweet taste, it’s not for you...

1.3
quiksilverxtc99 (99) - USA - MAR 9, 2002
Not good even for a cheap beer. If going Genny, go Red or original.

Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2002
Cheap not so great beer that I really don’t mind drinking once a year.

kilgore41599 (98) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 20, 2002
Boy could I go for a Genny now. Rating is not indicitive of whether or not I will drink this beer.

msutequilaman (84) - Troy, Michigan, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Twenty five years ago; my first day moving into my dorm at Michigan State University; a kid moves in across the hall from Rochester, NY; his parents drove him in a big old RV; I watch as he unloads 18 cases of Genny Cream and brings them in on a two-wheel dolly; we become instant friends. The beer itself? There’s better and worse. I have great memories of this brew and will still buy it on occasion...so what?