RATINGS: 154   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Brewed with both two-row and six-row barley malts to produce a light beer with distinctive taste and character.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
cheap (5699) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2008
Does anyboby remember the original gennesee light circa 1976? The can was a pretty blue with an odd label. This is s 16 oz can. Processed pale lager aroma. Pale lager appearance, with barely any visible carbonation. However, one taste and the fizziness is readily apparent on the tongue even tho it fades quickly after each swig. Seems to have more alky in it than the 3.6% listed here, No way is this less than 4%, I get a wandering feeling just after one can. Taste follows in the footsteps of the aroma. Rather industrial in flavor yet does not insult. Leaves an odd pale lager after taste on the finish. Fifty cents for a 16 oz can in eastern ohio.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
cking (1175) - North Canton, Ohio, USA - JAN 20, 2008
Big ol’ can from my neighbor’s refrigerator. Ugh, decent for a light beer but not so great in the grand scheme of things. Isn’t much of an aroma some light grassy notes. Nice pale gold pour with a lasting creamy white head and some solid sticky lacing...way to go. Airy and empty to the palate, there is nothing. Malt and hops are at a minimum, but they are noticed. Bland, but so-so for a light beer, unsatisfying.

0.8
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
radagast83 (7831) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - NOV 18, 2007
I’m not sure if this beer is a somewhat new introduction to my area, or if the beer is just that bad that it’s nearly impossible to find. Like the "regular" version of this beer, it’s a pale lager with the texture of carbonated soda, and about the same potency. It’s not a good sign if the most common box you can find this in is a case.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Bcoble003 (290) - Jblm, Washington, USA - NOV 3, 2007
nothing special just a simple pale beer any high school college student drinks at a party.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
mansquito (6067) - Nueva York, New York, USA - OCT 14, 2007
Had this out of a can. It is the standard tasteless beer, but for some reason Genesee beers have character and make me like them more than I ought to. I don’t know why, but I didn’t mind this beer. Appearance score is entirely for the can of course.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Strykzone (7180) - Wood River, Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2007
A nice beer for those who don’t like flavor, body, or aroma. An almost tasteless brew. Ho hum.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
AMN (127) - Dublin, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2007
Never tasted a worse beer. This represents thriftiness and alcoholism at their finest.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
puboflyons (3328) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 10, 2007
From a can. Pours a highly carbonated thin yellow with little head to speak of. If you really give it a sniff, you might notice a hint of malts but mostly you notice metal. Watery. Sort of dry. I don’t hate this beer. In fact I prefer it over other more common lights., But when I buy Genesee, I usually go for the Cream Ale or the Bock (when I can find it). At least those merit ratings of 2 on my taste scale.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ShamRock (20) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 6, 2007
Yuck! This beer sucks out loud. It makes me wanna cry. Why would someone unleash this filth onto the world. Sometimes when I pray at night I pray that the good lord will see fit to take this beer from us.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
emobassfoo (178) - Webster, New York, USA - JUN 28, 2007
Couldn’t find regular Genesee at Wegmans, so there was the choice between Genny Ice and Genny Light. Knowing that ice beers usually taste like shit, I chose the light. Aroma is somewhere between rusted metal and rotten veggies. Piss-colored, no head. Compared to other macro lights, the flavor is actually surprisingly -- different? After a few cans, it becomes kind of tasty. Nothing to brag about but at least it tastes like beer, not water. Really carbonated upfront, then slides into some astringent aftertaste. Surprisingly I honestly thought the ABV was higher than 3.6 because of the pretty strong taste. As you can tell, I wrote a lot about this cheap beer cause I’ve already had quite a few.