overall
Style: Lambic Style - Faro
Sint Ulriks-Kapelle, Belgium

RATINGS: 546   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

nuplastikk (6453) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 22, 2007
375ml bottle from Beer Mania in Brussels. This beer is highly recommended. This is the most well rounded Faro beer I’ve ever had. Dry, wheaty, and acidic like a traditional authentic gueuze, but the mild added sugar gives it a more rounded, orange, doughy flavor. Not as sugary sweet as some other Faros out there.

Grzesiek79 (4435) - Radom, POLAND - JAN 25, 2012
chocolate, cereal, grass, cheese, dough, leather, raisin, cooked vegetables, amber, hazy, minimal head, heavy cloying sweetness, lightly bitter, medium sourness, medium body, average carbonation, thin feel, astringent,

badgerben (5325) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - NOV 28, 2007
UPDATED: APR 12, 2008 Belgian Beer #200. Who do I turn to when I need my rare Belgian beer fix? JK, that’s who! Copper color with very little head. Strong aroma of caramel, marshmallows and some sourness. Much the same in the taste, but paired up with some of that barnyard funk. Very sugary and sweet. Wow, damn fine.

padrefan98 (854) - (San Diego) Santee, California, USA - FEB 27, 2008
My first Faro. By far my favorite. Nice sour, tart, burnt sugar flavors. Very much appreciated that this was shared. Not to many in this style floating around.

Travlr (26075) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 28, 2008
On draught at Bier Circus. I don’t like sweet beers, so I didn’t expect much from this one, but the owner Patrick talked me into it. Glad he did. Wonderful balance of sweet/sour, with great complexity. Tops the Cantillon Faro, which I had the night before. An incredible experience.

austone (1062) - Turku; Pori, FINLAND - OCT 19, 2009
37,5cl bottle, 07/08 printed on the cork. Dark amber, firm light beige head, tight lace. Beautiful buttery nutty aroma, rotten fruits, sweetness, earthy liquorice, faint funkiness and farm house. Later on I got some Yogi tea and rye porridge. Flavor holds woody sourness, little old fruits, funk and nuttiness. Sugar cuts the tartness down but doesn’t really taste. Long earthy and woody finish. Medium bodied, strongly carbonated fizzy but quenching palate. The two bottles I had were similarly magical, subtle but so rich.