RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.35/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9/5   ABV: -
An Amber ale with locally grown persimmons and a fresh ground spice mixture. We roasted the persimmons on my grill, so there is a slight bit of smokiness present.

Most RecentTicked By

PorterPounder (8268) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 6, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl - on tap at Fermentation. Murky dark brown pour, light off-white head. Pleasant aroma - hints of autumn-like spices. Flavor is decidedly sweet and edges to a pumpkin-like beer. Having never tasted a persimmon to my recent recollection - the closest I can equate it to is spiced pumpkin. Pick up some nutmeg, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mouthfeel has a nice dash of spritz. Decently solid.

drowland (9053) - Georgia, USA - DEC 5, 2011
First to rate! 12/5/11. On tap at the release. Amber pour with a small khaki head that fades to a ring and laces a bit. Mildly sweet aroma with definite spice presence... I’m thinking cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. There’s a sweet fruity presence as well that methinks is the persimmons (I tried some earlier to test). Sweet slightly fruity flavor as well that I can say I’d identify as persimmon, but maybe not if I hadn’t just eaten one. There is a lingering spice presence as well, a touch drying in the mouth, that reminds of cinnamon and nutmeg and goes well with the fruity sweetness. Not too shabby!