overall
RATINGS: 219   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
This beer is a balanced showcase of the majestic hop specie, in Latin, Humulus Lupulus, which translates “Wolf Among Weeds”. It’s our celebration of California’s enthusiasm for hop-forward IPAs. At 8%, Wolf will sneak up on you from behind the robust citrus and dank earthy hop notes mirrored in its aroma and flavour profile.

Bartzilla's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bartzilla (624) - La Mesa, California, USA - SEP 30, 2013
The aroma hit me as soon as I cracked the can open. Smelled like a sack of that medical marijuana that the kids are smoking these days. Tastes great. 8% you say? Yikes. Goes down like a 6%er. Fruity, hoppy. A little tiny bit over sweet, but nothing to complain about. Would be much better if it weren’t $11.99 for a 4 pack of tall boys, but that doesn’t play into my rating. That’s just me being a cheapskate, which I’m really not. So, down the hatch! Football’s on!

zackler (2) - - DEC 28, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: DEC 28, 2017 Bought via Drizly in SF and delivered to my door. Great IPA. Hops are not overpowering but hide the 8% ABV well. Well balanced and delicious

Chudwick (3423) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - NOV 18, 2017
Pint canned on 1/11/17 noice /s. Nose is resin pine citrus. Sip adds the obligatory malty backbone and bitterness. Boozy finish.

DuffMan (10751) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 8, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 9, 2017 On tap at a forgotten bar in LA. Scant, scribbled notes: Citrus and pine, moderate resinous/dank character, long bitter finish, pale malts. Nice and drinkable.

thorongil2 (3553) - , Ontario, CANADA - OCT 3, 2017
(Tap) clear, bright yellow golden colour with a small white head; aroma of citrus, balanced flavour with a long, medium bitter finish

Livendadream (261) - New Mexico, USA - OCT 2, 2017
UPDATED: OCT 2, 2017 Can pours a hazy golden color with a big white head that fades fast leaving little lace on glass. Aromas of citrus and tropical fruit, pine resin and dankness. Tastes of sweet caramel, lemon, grapefruit, sweet orange and some bread. Medium body, smooth , silky mouthfeel, a tad under carbonated, smooth mellow bitter finish. This beer is pretty decent. The can did have some age on it so I'm not going to beat it up to much. The flavors were not as fresh and bold or fruity and juicy as the aromas. I will rate a fresh can when I get a chance. Boom!!!

jredmond (8839) - New York, New York, USA - SEP 28, 2017
Can shared with Paul and Andrew. Pours a golden body with white head. Mouthfeel is medium bodied with notes of fresh citrus, pine, bright stone fruits and soft grains.

rougeau13 (3276) - Richmond, Texas, USA - AUG 25, 2017
Can. Clear yellow with a big frothy white head. Aroma of grain and citrus. Tastes fruity and moderately bitter. Medium bodied.

Ericular (1042) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 24, 2017
West Coast, I suppose - but have I had a falling out with the style I first fell in love with? I think so. It’s good, but I am spoiled by the juice bombs. I love the juice bombs. An above-average West Coast IPA, but just barely.

fiulijn (21506) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 20, 2017
Can from Total Wine, Lynnwood, WA
Cloudy blond color, small head. The aroma is all California IPA, there is crackery malt, delicate resiny hops, delicate fruits. Crisp mouthfeel, dry; very bold bitterness, with strong resiny component and some dankness; the bitterness in the final is a bit pithy.
Aggressive, excellent.

leigh0024 (22) - - AUG 14, 2017
UPDATED: AUG 14, 2017 Tall can. Golden IPA with dissipating head. Passion and grapefruit nose with similar taste. Adequate bitterness with decent body. Lingering bitterness and super light malt backbone but holds it up just enough. Enjoyed.