overall
RATINGS: 146   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   IBU: 36   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This deep colored American Brown Ale is often requested and one of our personal favorites. Many a weekend was spent perfecting this one. Brewed with 2 - row pale and 5 specialty malts, its malty in both flavor and smell. A heap of Cascade and Willamette add to balance this easy drinking ale. Hole up, have a few, and tell us what you think. We’re bettings it’s the best American Brown Ale you’ll ever have.

jonsin (25) - - MAY 23, 2013
The American Brown Ale is one of my favorite styles, and this one left a lot to be desired. Great foamy head but no lacing (could be soap in the glass because I would expect some lacing with the initial amount of foam, but it died quickly). Aroma is a little citrusy, some toasted malt, not getting much here. The body is a light for a brown, were they going for a session beer? Flavors are a little caramel but not much other toasted notes. A bit hoppy, not as much as I would like for an American Brown but too much for an English Brown. Citrusy hops, not well balanced, I won’t be coming back to this one. Unfortunate that this is my first of their beers, as I had some friends really talking them up. Have to go see what’s listed as their best.

mojoman (158) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 2, 2013
Outta the can. One of the best brown ales I have ever had. Hoppy for a brown; sweet flavor with great nose, taste, and aftertaste. One of my favorite beers of the past year. (And I’ve only remembered to rate about 3 percent of those consumed!) ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

1stRndDraught (10) - Birmingham, USA - APR 30, 2013
This may just be me, but I think this brew is terribly underscored. As a B’ham native it has always been my favorite GPBC product. Easy to find around the local area and a decent price. However, if you like your ales on the citrus or hoppy side, this beer is probably not for you. Nonetheless, give it a try. It is certainly unique for a brown ale.

LilBeerDoctor (4147) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 19, 2013
On tap at the brewery. Pours a clear light brown with a thin tan head. Aroma of sweet fruits, sweet malt, roasted nuts. Flavor of sweet fruits especially apple, toffee, and sweet malt. Sweet, light, easy drinking brown ale. 6/4/6/4/14 (3.4/5)

bytemesis (9024) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - FEB 14, 2013
Tap. Pours clear reddish brown, small tan head, great lacing. Aroma of caramel, grassy notes. Flavor is the same, light sweet, minimal bitterness. Light body.

darkprice2012 (5) - Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA - JAN 31, 2013 does not count
I Love this Brown ale. , alcohol level is just right, smooth, not too hoppy and its made by a local brewer

phaleslu (10555) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - DEC 13, 2012
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2012 12 oz. can from The Fresh Market in Daphne. Pours a cloudy amber with a small off-white head. Aroma of toast, banana but bread, leaves, almonds, and tobacco. Flavor of caramel, tobacco, banana but bread, cereal, dried fruits. Light-bodied, with modest carbonation and a leafy mouthfeel. Dry finish. Drinks better straight out of the can.

Pastor (799) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - DEC 6, 2012
This brown was one of the hoppest browns I ever drank. Mostly hop in the nose with a nice roast / hop presence in the taste. I think it’s a good brew from Good People

Itzjerm (3076) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - OCT 19, 2012
Much better on drAft than can. Thin pour in can good pour in keg looks as should. Mild hp balance decent beer for sure enjoyable. Solid b on tap c minus in can ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Finhead (1801) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - AUG 28, 2012
Reddish-brown with an off-white head. It has a sweet, bread aroma that matches the taste. The medium body has a creamy texture, average carbonation, and a dry finish.