overall
RATINGS: 1675   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Like the digits suggest, its a beer thats densely populated with flavor and loaded with character. We dont filter it, so none of its life and soul is stripped away. The first thing you notice is the hazy, cloudy appearance. Thats how you know its unfiltered. What hits you next is the spicy aroma of Cascade hops, followed by the crispy, fruity ale flavor delivered in a smooth, creamy body, the result of blending barley malt with torrified wheat. Its not like any other Goose Island Beer, but no less that youd expect.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
cooplander (543) - Florida, USA - NOV 28, 2012
yellow color, aroma of citrus and spices, flavors are the same, very light and watery, not much flavor

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hudspart (538) - Byron Center, Michigan, USA - MAR 30, 2008
Bottle: Very average and one of the worst Goose Island beers that I have had. Pours yellow with a full head. Aroma of wheat. Not much flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
beer_rookie (534) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 29, 2016
Pours a yellow color. About one finger white head. A little cloudy, not as much as I would have expected. Okay retention, okay lacing.

Aroma is slightly lemony. Its bready. Bran flakes? Not a lot going on. Smells like water. Everything about the aroma is faint.

Taste is lemony, bready, watery. It has a bit of grit to it. Theres not a lot to it. Slightly bitter, I think more bitter than 18 IBUs.

Mouthfeel is light body. Its so light, and would make a great summer beer. Its quite dry. That bitterness lingers. Bit.

Overall, its not that great. There are tons of better wheat beers out there. I would drink it again. But Im not going to rush out and buy it again. I would recommend this as a summertime, hot day beer, but necessarily for my own cooler. But hey, I do recommend you give this a try, because then youll have a better appreciation for better wheat beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Crash (532) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAY 27, 2005
Light in color Light in head and lacing Light in tatste Light in just being a beer Nothing here to really talk about

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Ctplt777 (530) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - APR 13, 2014
So bad. This beer is complete garbage. I dont understand the hype with Goose Island. Other than Matilda and Sofie their beers are awful. This is no exception. It tastes like a Bud Heavy with like a weird wheat taste. Its like that Bud Light Wheat they made. Just trash. I expected a nice refreshing wheat beer but I got a nasty adjunct mess of a beer. The most overrated "craft brewery" hey lets see who owns them now. Awful.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
DarkMagus (528) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 10, 2009
On tap at Chigaco Midway airport. Consumed two, served in frosty pint glasses, around 12pm. Aroma was barely noticable, but some hops and graininess present. Had a light yellow color but strangely hazy appearance. The flavors were more like a rather intense pilsner or helles, not anything too reminiscent of wheat. I enjoyed this beer thoroughly, I was surprised by how much flavor and delicate bready graininess it possessed. I ordered this one because it was the only "local brew" on the menu. Thats what the servers told me anyway. It was pretty dang good, I wish I could get my hands on it, Id like to get a few six packs to work on...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Maddog (526) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - MAR 26, 2006
This one sort of disappointed me after enjoying the 5 new Wheat series from Goose Island. 312 was way, way too light and lifeless. If I tried very hard, I could deciphor a hint of the wheat beer flavor and spice, but it just fell short in terms of body and flavor. The Bud Lite of Wheat beers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cajun (523) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - AUG 12, 2016
Bottle - Pours a hazy pale gold, white head. Wheat malt...fruit... but hops finish that is smooth, crisp and drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
euniceradio (522) - Worthington, Minnesota, USA - SEP 1, 2015
On tap. Pours clear gold, small white froth head. Aroma of cracked wheat and orange/lemon zest. Taste of same with citrus hop bitter finish. Light body, mod carb.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BeerKurve (520) - - NOV 5, 2013
Hazy Yellow with a soapy head, high carbonation and decent lacing. Smells like cereal grains, wheat, pale malts, grassiness, and some slight floral hops. Taste is mostly cereal grains, pale malts, some slight wheat notes and mild earthiness. Body feels a bit heavy with some rather strong carbonation. Quite disappointing, tastes more like a Bud than a Wheat Beer.