overall
RATINGS: 1643   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Like the digits suggest, it’s a beer that’s densely populated with flavor and loaded with character. We don’t filter it, so none of its life and soul is stripped away. The first thing you notice is the hazy, cloudy appearance. That’s how you know it’s unfiltered. What hits you next is the spicy aroma of Cascade hops, followed by the crispy, fruity ale flavor delivered in a smooth, creamy body, the result of blending barley malt with torrified wheat. It’s not like any other Goose Island Beer, but no less that you’d expect.

2Roses (11) - , Wisconsin, USA - JUL 31, 2008
Great summer beer! Smooth with just the right bite at the end, more than a few is not a problem!

DavyK (159) - East Kilbride, SCOTLAND - APR 29, 2017
I’m a massive fan of this. Juicy an vibrant and easy going: slightly creamy and hazy in the mouth, bit of lemon in the aroma and the taste. Easily available. Love it when I’m in Chicago, love that I can also get it at the Morrison’s in East Kilbride.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - MAR 22, 2005
Not too bad at all. While the American Wheat pales next to the Belgian Wit or German Weisen this is a nice example of the domestic style. The 312 is the Chicago area code. The inhearent problem of this style is that it has too strong of a hop-grapefruit taste. This is a good beer though

Petko (1) - Illinois, USA - AUG 23, 2010 does not count
A great wheat beer, cloudy gold in color like a good wheat should, pair well with any citrus if desire, and a presidential favorite. Top ten in best wheat beer in my opinon

rjplumer (1150) - Foxboro, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2011
Light lemon aroma. Light haze with bright yellow color. Foams to a one finger that settles to thick but thin head.Lots of bubble action can be seen. Mild zesty lemon softened with a hint of bread flavor. Some sourness but you have to pay attention to notice. Refreshing and zesty feel to it but balanced with a soft finish. Superb for this style.

gws57 (1276) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - APR 2, 2005
Had this one bottled. Somewhat cloudy dark yellow color, thick head, nose of hops and bread, clean tastes of grapefruit, very, very good wheat beer.

TheCorkStops (53) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 2, 2012
The Goose is Loose in Connecticut, finally! My salesmen have been taunting me with the Goose Island beers for over a year now, and as of May 1st they’ve finally been released. Just today we received our first shipment which included this little gem, the 312 Urban Wheat Ale. Despite its appearance in the picture, the 312 pours a light straw shade of yellow, with a bright white one finger foam on top. As the foam recedes, a small amount of lacing remains.On the nose, the 312 is a light crisp combination of malts, wheat, citrus, and just a touch of soft hops. The Goose 312 drinks somewhere between a crisp summer ale and a soft American wheat ale. The body is light and easy drinking, there’s a subtle hint of hops, just a little sweetness, and nice lingering finish. This is the first time I’ve had the Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat ale, and I’m definitely a fan. Where I come from we do our best to keep the freezer full of geese, but now that Goose Island is available in Connecticut, the hunt is going to be a lot easier.

CardsPackHawks (173) - South Elgin, Illinois, USA - FEB 27, 2012
UPDATED: JUN 14, 2012 As one who grew up in the 312, back when the 312 was not just Chicago, I really enjoy this brew. A nice chrisp and easy drinking wheat ale. Especially great on a summer day.