RATINGS: 150   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Rich Coffee flavor and aroma in a Golden ale

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

drfabulous (9120) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - MAR 6, 2018
Draught at Lexington Whole Foods. Golden in color with mostly blonde ale taste and a little bit of coffee.

solidfunk (9825) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - MAR 2, 2018
I'm not really a fan of coffee in any beer that isn't dark, and can't say this one did wonders for me. Like a boring golden ale with some coffee. But not even much coffee, and to be fair I asked my coworker for a sip of his, which I poured into my unwashed coffee cup at work. Pretty creamy. Bottle from mixed pack.

scottw86 (1181) - Maryland, USA - MAR 1, 2018
Poured a nice amber color. Not as much coffee in the aroma as i expected. Taste has coffee with aome toffee and malty notes. Aftertaste has some coffee but mostly a noce malty flavor. The coffee is not overdone and it works well.

Bitterbill (2081) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - MAR 1, 2018
Bottled January 12th 2018. Pours light gold, kinda skimpy with the foam, no lacing. Nose has some coffee, hints of chocolate, grain, a little bit toasty. Taste is of coffee, citrus, chocolate like flavour, grain. Light bodied with medium carbonation. Pretty average tasting.

katrinaez (2467) - norristown, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2018
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2018 Low carbonation. Dark orange gold appearance. Light latte flavor with caramel and malts. Very smooth. Bottle

Bacchus66 (1162) - South Carolina, USA - FEB 23, 2018
UPDATED: MAR 2, 2018 Tap, ADT. Surprised to see this pour a hazy golden amber, with a frothy off-white head. Grassy hops, coffee, caramel malt. More coffee on the finish. Interesting blend. Not sure I particularly care for this style, but it's a well made beer.

Chalumeaux (1956) - Middleton, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 15, 2018
Poured from bottle thanks Eddie dated 7/27/17 golden copper with a white head. Aromas of light coffee caramel malts grain and light floral notes. Taste is semi sweet caramel honey mild roast from the coffee. Nice blend.

balloonbuffoon (849) - - FEB 14, 2018
12floz bottle, BOD: 12.12.2017, $1.75 unit cost, mug glass. Appears an ordinary deep gold with clarity and very little head. Smells of grain dust with dash of coffee if you will. This is a not too shabby coffee blonde ale. It doesn't hide the fact that it's a golden ale like some I had that tried hard to be golden stouts. It is simply a grainy ale with light coffee flavor, and feels light enough to be sessionable. I could have this again at the right price, as a thrown in, a freebie, or when my mood just wants something goldeny but with some roast and I can't really decide. So I then would settle on this to take to a spring or fall outdoor gathering.

dwyerpg (6630) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - FEB 7, 2018
Eh. Medium coffee body, light color, bit the flavor is just blase. Nothing to make me repeat. Too much coffee.

BeerInHeaven (520) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 3, 2018
pours a rich clear deep gold with a decent off white head. aroma of grass, hay, malt, and a hint of coffee. Great taste. Starts with the standard malty ale, but the coffee fades in and lingers. Really an interesting combo. Lightly bitter. Good beer!