overall
RATINGS: 2015   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
Inspired by visits to English country pubs, Honker’s Ale combines a fruity hop aroma with a rich malt middle to create a perfectly balanced beer. Immensely drinkable, Honker’s Ale is not only the beer you can trust but one you’ll look forward to time and again.

Chitown440 (15) - chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 7, 2007
A nice Tasty Easy drinking beer that does,nt fill you up!!! I almost always have a 12pack of Honker,s ale sitting next to the milk and eggs.

Doon (109) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 4, 2007
Good Session Beer....I’m on number 6 right now....’hicup’ Pours burnt orange colored with a nice head that fades quickly. Aroma is not offensive and not very strong. Tastes like most pale ales. It’s a staple that Chicago can be proud of!

boFNjackson (4201) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 21, 2007
So my layover is at Chicago O’Hare and I have two and a half hours to kill. I walked all over every concourse to find a restraurant and bar that had something I’ve never seen or had. After about 40 minutes of walking I went by a Chilis and I noticed people sitting with beer bottles with this red label on it, I had never recognized that and thought it would be a local micro brew. So I got a bottle and poured it into a pint glass... Burnt orange tone with a small white head. Sweet, mildly malty and hoppy aroma. Highly carbonated palate with flavors of hops, berries, caramel and a nice malt balance with a light nutty background. Label describes this as a perfect blend of hops and malts and I’d say I’d almost agree with that.

theisti (4156) - Kansas, USA - FEB 20, 2007
UPDATED: APR 22, 2007 Bottle. Pour is reddish with a nice two finger dirty white head. Aroma is malt and spice, with a background of hops. Taste is just as advertised, with nice full malt taste and a hop bitterness highlighted by spices. Overall a very drinkable beer.

1FastSTi (3361) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 19, 2007
Tap. The beer pours to a rich reddish amber body with a nice creamy off-white head. The aroma was hoppy but mostly just balanced for the masses. The flavor was malty but had a nice light hop kick that was apparent after many sips. It started to grow on me. The palate was subtly bitter and has an average mouthfeel.

mreusch (851) - Olathe, Kansas, USA - FEB 18, 2007
On tap @ Giordano’s on Rush! Pours a nice amber with a thin head. A muted aroma of hops and some spice. A very drinkable session PA, nothing super special, but solid.

madscotsman (147) - Fairview Heights, Illinois, USA - FEB 17, 2007
Had this at a fish fry and I don’t know if it was the fish or the beer, but they both were great. Nice Pale Ale with an amber color and very smooth finish.

ilovedarkbeer (2744) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - FEB 16, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 17, 2007 Great amber color, almost no head and what little of it is is gone in seconds. Has a very spicy carbonated taste to it but goes down smooth. Light hoppyness with a good bitter character like an esb. An above average beer.

keith0718 (434) - Kansas, USA - FEB 14, 2007
Solid pale ale. I first got hooked on beer via pale ale and drank Sierra Nevada for years. This beer is comparable to that one. Very drinkable, but not too special. Lacking a bit in hops. Great mouth-feel, though...and nice balance with malt.

AleDrinker (1089) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - FEB 13, 2007
Didn’t care much for this beer. There was just nothing special about it. Lacking in both flavor and aroma. Not bad, just not great.