overall
RATINGS: 2465   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Our IPA recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result, quite simply a hop lovers dream. And this classic ale adds a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, to ensure that the long hop finish is one youll remember.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sunnyridge (222) - USA - MAY 31, 2010
Very smooth and easy to drink. Not a great deal of bitterness, although the beer was refreshing and crisp. Didnt beat me over the head with hops either. Glad I picked it up, but not something I will keep in my regular rotation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 30, 2010
Pours pale yellow orange with small white head. I get no pine notes from this one. Its all resin and fruit, like peaches and cantaloupe. Maybe Ive rated too many in a row. But this just doesnt stand out. I was hoping for more citrus pine nose and a more bitter finish. This is great compared to most supermarket offerings, but it definitely leans toward the more bready malty English style instead of the West coast style that I am in love with. Still, its decent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dynamiteninja (1845) - Norfolk, ENGLAND - MAY 30, 2010
Bottle. Spiciness, grapefruit. flowers and peach aroma. Medium white head that lasts. Slightly hazy golden amber colour. Medium to heavy bitterness. Medium bodied, lively carbonation. Long crisp bitter finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
rking (100) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 29, 2010
I think too many people forget that this is an English IPA... The breadier aroma and taste balanced by the less bitter hop varieties that they use creates an amazing beer for the style. Pours a beautiful color, has a big nose for the style, complex with 3 or 4 hops in there, the toasted caramel malts, and a subdued yeast character. May be the best English IPA I have ever had, and its from Chicago!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
phaleslu (9709) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 26, 2010
12 oz. bottle from The Party Source. Pours a cloudy honey gold with a finger-thick eggshell white head with nice retention and some light, sloppy lacing. Aroma of herbal hops, grapefruit citrus, pine, honey, and floral notes. Flavor of mild herbal hops, pine resin, a few different citrus fruits, pale and caramel malts- such a mild bitterness to go along with the sweetness. Light-medium bodied, with low carbonation for an IPA and a sweet, fresh, juicy mouthfeel. Nice aftertaste. Easy to drink, great warm weather beer, and easily sessionable.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
konstifik (573) - SWEDEN - MAY 25, 2010
Bottle from Vinens Verden, Odense. Best before at december 2010, but already seemed a bit old to me. Weird and quite unpleasant flavors of jelly candy, black currant, cat pee (!) and caramel. A little sweet and lacks the proper bitterness for an IPA. Should try this one again since this was probably and old or bad bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mybrainhurts (394) - North Dakota, USA - MAY 23, 2010
Fruity, floral nose. Citrusy, hoppy, sweet caramel, bread loaf, and toffee for flavors. Pretty good. Nice, well balanced mouthfeel.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
2DaMtns (17) - Illinois, USA - MAY 15, 2010
I just didnt like this one. IPAs are not my favorite style, but this was in the multipack I bought and I wanted to try it out. I really like DFH 90 min IPA, but not this one. It was bitter and offered little enjoyment to me. In fact, I drank half and poured the rest out.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
PhatB420 (840) - Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 15, 2010
This was from a green bottle in a 6pack, pours an IPA color in its purest form, so delitcate with rich hues and strong tan and shade undertones. Taste is impeccable to the exteme, a smooth, low key hop taste at first settles with wonderful thunder with the after taste. Small head that sticks around through the whole brew, that makes it easier to go back and endulge more. Great beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
PictouRx (171) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 14, 2010
Had this in NYC, at Joshua Tree bar, I was surprised this was so good. It pours gold color, decent head. It had floral, caramel aroma, slightly bitter hoppy tones in the taste. A smooth beer overall, I would drink this regularly on tap.