overall
RATINGS: 2531   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Our IPA recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result, quite simply a hop lover’s dream. And this classic ale adds a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, to ensure that the long hop finish is one you’ll remember.

EHopper (620) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 7, 2008
Inexpensive beer brought from Trader Joe’s. Nice, easy drinking IPA with great citrus especially grapefruit aroma and flavor. A bit too little hop bite, maybe a bit too much malty sweetness for me, but very nice. I’m coming to understand I like this sort of beer more than the general rater.

Christian (13670) - Odense, DENMARK - JUN 7, 2008
Cloudy orange with a small white head. Caramel pine and citrus in the aroma. Dry with some malt flavour. Limited bitterness and hop flavour, but a tasty easy drinker.

flatmatt (1576) - Northville, Michigan, USA - JUN 3, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 4, 2008 12 oz bottle. Pours a golden amber with a medium head. Aroma is strong grapefruit hops with perhaps even a little lemon. Flavor is at first dominated by grapefruit and other citrus flavors with somewhat low bitterness for an IPA, but unfortunately there are also some more grassy notes that throw the flavor off for me. I enjoyed this at first, but it turned out to be a bit of a miss for me compared to where it started.

railcat1 (702) - Kissimmee, Florida, USA - JUN 2, 2008
This was a nice refreshing ipa with a good and crisp hop presence and a nice malt finish and a little bit of bitterness.CHEERS!

mixinnixon2000 (226) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 2, 2008
Bottle out of a variety pack. nice refreshing India Pale Ale. good amount of hops and bitterness.

Bov (12636) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - JUN 1, 2008
courtesy of Toni Flükiger - pours a hazy dark orange colour, pale beige foam and a nice lace; robust flowery hoppiness with notes of cream and a touch of apricot; medium-bodied, quite oily with a moderate carbonation; solid but not aggressive bitterness; long bitter flowery finish - very good

BabyJoe692 (109) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - MAY 24, 2008
Draft. Golden orange in color. Light hoppy aroma. Citrusy, grapefruit flavors prominent.

CaptBier (323) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - MAY 24, 2008
Bottle. A hazy orange beer with a beautiful white head. The aroma is light - especially for an IPA - but there are some hops to be detected. The flavor is sweet grassy - quite nice - and with a dry end.

rayg1 (593) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAY 20, 2008
This was my first micro beer on my trip back from Japan to the States! I have to say after being stranded in Japan for 6 months it was nice to have a good American IPA for once. Bought this guy right in the Chicago airport on my way to Minneapolis. Pours out a deep amber color with a really nice and thick off-white head. Grapefruit hops and pine resin all over the place on this one. I could smell the beer as I was walking to my seat to enjoy it. Flavor is very much citrus oriented and is backed by caramel and toffee malts. However, I didn’t think that the hops really took away the sweetness that much. I know some people like their IPA’s a bit sweet, I’m not one of them. I like it hoppy and balanced this one was just a bit too sweet for me to really boost the rating, this being said, this is still an excellent IPA.

bhensonb (15188) - Woodland, California, USA - MAY 19, 2008
12 oz. bottle; bottled on 02/23/08. Nice citrus aroma. Golden amber color with a beige head. Medium body with mild, slightly fizzy, carbonation. Flavor is a lot of citrus and/or grapefruit hop over some light caramel. Good stuff. Nice bitter finish. Some floral aspects develop as time progresses.