overall
RATINGS: 2530   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Our IPA recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result, quite simply a hop lover’s dream. And this classic ale adds a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, to ensure that the long hop finish is one you’ll remember.

HopZettz (12) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 28, 2008
An extremely hoppy IPA. The hops can be smelt from a mile away and as soon as it hits your tongue, it won’t be forgotton. A true beer for hop lovers with a full body.

tompete (350) - Tillsonburg, Ontario, CANADA - APR 24, 2008
Bottle. Amber with a light white medium head. Flowery hops - not as strong as I hoped. Strong lasting bitterness with minimal malt to back it up. Good full body.

phishpond417 (2088) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - APR 24, 2008
This beer poured a little lighter orange colour with a very small white but pleasently aromatic head. Taste was moderately hopped, but nice finish with a classic citrus tone that lingers for a while.

pinkzambia (2111) - Boise, Idaho, USA - APR 11, 2008
Tap: Clear copper color with a weak aroma and taste. I was really disappointed since I was expecting a bit more from Goose Island. I am surprised to see it rated so highly. It just seemed like an average IPA that didn’t stand out in any category. Call me crazy, but I’ll pass this one up next time.

ILoveNewBeer (113) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - APR 3, 2008
I really like IPA’s and this is deffinately up there on my top IPA’s. It has great flavor , taste, aroma and appearance. I will deffinately buy this beer again.

weaselkenievil (1609) - Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 31, 2008
There are much better IPA’s in my opinion but I still enjoyed this a lot. The smell let it down, slight clorhine (sp?) kind of smell. Lacks knackers for a too high rate but drinkable enough for sure. A little bitter for me but I’m in no way slating this as I thought it was very nice.

wyzzywyz22 (2108) - Wirral, Merseyside, ENGLAND - MAR 27, 2008
Bottle, Ale Cellar, Darlington. There’s a goose loose in tha hoose...Pours a warm golden colour with thinnish white head. Citrus hop aroma, piney grapefruit hop flavour balanced nicely with maltiness. Superb hop bitterness to finish. Very drinkable.

mgoy (344) - New York, New York, USA - MAR 26, 2008
Goose Island India Pale Ale is a slightly hazy amber color with an off-white/creamy colored head. The aroma is of spicy/mild hops and the taste is very light yet nicely bitter. This is a very easy to drink beer with a great taste.

lucke13 (91) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - MAR 26, 2008
Pours a golden color with white head that falls slowly. Smells of spicy hops. Taste is all hop with a hint of licorice at the end. Medium body with mild carbonation. A good pale ale.

ante (3373) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - MAR 20, 2008
Bottled at Monks Café, Stockholm. Pours out in a clear orange colour with copper hints. The foam sinks quickly. Really fresh and airy hop aroma of flowers, wet grass and dried oranges. Clean resinous, but not overly bitter flavour of orange-peels, flowers and minerals. Medium bodied. Long medium bitter finish of orangey and minerally hops. A well-balanced US IPA, well-made but lacks the bite.