overall
RATINGS: 2519   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Our IPA recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result, quite simply a hop lover’s dream. And this classic ale adds a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, to ensure that the long hop finish is one you’ll remember.

hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - AUG 4, 2008
draft at brewpub- a nice and tasty beer with a fine crisp dry finish that I always enjoy in this style. Although far from the best in class, I would go to again.

TickerTerryDJ (633) - Redditch, Worcestershire, ENGLAND - DEC 19, 2012
355ml bottle pouring a dark golden colour with large white head.Fruit,hops and pine both in aroma and taste making an easy drinking and pleasant beer.

BrewGoblin (632) - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CANADA - MAY 6, 2015
There are times when a fella wants nothing but an easy drinking IPA. Now is one of those times and this is one of those IPAs. A very lightly hazy copper and gold body, some decent lacing and snappy, enticing toots of pink grapefruit, clementine, mango, pineapple and lemon draw in the eye and the mouth for a carefully calculated inspection. Sweet honey and light cereal hints play a background balancing act to the hoppin’ good time going on up front. A nice medium lively carbonation and some malt chew round out this enjoyable beer. I’d goose-neck a few a of these into me anytime my slurp-service is required.

Gluepot (632) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 12, 2015
Big fresh hop and bready malt nose. Lots or fresh tastes here - sweet chewy malt, fruity hops including lemon and tropical fruit elements, and a touch of soapiness. Fresh and zesty.

nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - FEB 9, 2003
Wow! Great ale! Fantastic hoppy nose with a massive grapefruit kick. Pours with an amber hue and a small creamy head that is mostly diminishing. Flavour is initially sweet with great complex hoppy tones, but goes on to a dry finish. This is a highly hopped beer (of course being an IPA) that has been a real eye opener for me being the first American craft brewed offering I have sampled. The question that most begs to be answered is why do I have to go to a specialist to get this kind of American beer? Especially when perhaps the worst selection of beers in the world, American standard beer, is common place here in Britain. They give American beer a bad name. If this is what America has to offer then I just want more...

Dal9000 (630) - Ohio, USA - MAY 23, 2016
At the Cubs bar in O'hare airport. In a bottle. Soft floral pine taste with a delicate lingering mineral wheat tang. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

fattybladdy (628) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAR 17, 2013
On draft @ the summit house, Keystone. Pours a dark amber, nice earthy scent. Taste is piney, earthy hops, nice bitterness. This was a solid IPA.

BennyTicklez (621) - USA - DEC 1, 2004
Pours orange/amber with a tiny white head. Stong citrus aroma. Great grapefruit hoppy taste and an aftertaste of the same. This beer is way underrated. Crisp and hoppy. Great stuff.

EHopper (620) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 7, 2008
Inexpensive beer brought from Trader Joe’s. Nice, easy drinking IPA with great citrus especially grapefruit aroma and flavor. A bit too little hop bite, maybe a bit too much malty sweetness for me, but very nice. I’m coming to understand I like this sort of beer more than the general rater.

unclebleen (620) - California, USA - JUL 27, 2004
This was good but it seems to me that all IPAs are starting to taste the same, within a small deviation. I can’t remember the last time I had an IPA offer something new to me. Pours a clear copper/amber color with a small white and well-lacing head. Aroma is IPA. Flavor is IPA. Body is IPA. See what I mean?