overall
RATINGS: 2536   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 55   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Our IPA recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result, quite simply a hop lover’s dream. And this classic ale adds a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, to ensure that the long hop finish is one you’ll remember.

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - OCT 19, 2000
Zippy Doo Dah, a hoppy and spicy IPA, one of the better beers from this fine brewery, If you like hops, try this beer.

igneous1 (1535) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - MAY 8, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2003 excellent brew..wonderful hoppiness and an egg-shell white creamy head that stuck around to the end! great effort. just finishing another 6-pack of this, and i have to say the pine character in the flavor is just incredible...just a shade under Yulesmith and Hog Heaven

beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUN 24, 2003
Color is a clear golden yellow with a thin white creamy foamed head, some spotty lace. This smells like an IPA, oh....so hoppy fresh. Nice estery aroma of peach and a bit of apple, super bright and strong on the nose, just as it should be. A treasure of pleasure to wiff. The taste is nicely bittered hop, firm & mild, lightly earthy, supreme drinking here. Has a waxy/oily feel and is quite full with dulled lightly bittering dryness, ...nice! I was surprised to say the least, the goose has landed, I'm impressed, good job on this IPA. Hopheads should be able to enjoy this I would think, I did, and I don't consider myself to be, but I know decent IPA's when I drink em and this fits right up there.

rkn65 (106) - st. clair shores, Michigan, USA - FEB 21, 2004
A well balanced hop flavor with good nose and head. A IPA that can be had all night. Decent head and nice lacing make this a fine IPA.

tyasu (8) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - JAN 27, 2005 does not count
Copper-orange color. Citrus and fruity aroma. Little bitter and malty. Slightly weak character as IPA, but I like this taste. One of my best beer!!

MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - JAN 29, 2005
Lovely stuff. Clear copper. Huge, puffy white head. Nice nose, lots of orange and citrus, sweet malts as well. Good flavor, hops are quite noticeable without being overpowering, tart and citric, but beautifully balanced stuff, lots of caramel and butterscotch. Creamy as well. Leaves a nice floral aftertaste. Really good stuff.

DonMagi (5593) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - FEB 23, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 30, 2007 I love beers like this. Aroma is grapefruit and gooseberry out its nut. Taste is similarly full of citrus flavours with sweetness coming off the malts, not a big bold chewy body, but a good sweetness, to make it one of the most drinkable beers iv had in a month or two. Get me a case of this so i can have a few days off.

brianmef (2) - - AUG 26, 2016 does not count
Great taste, and not too hoppy but just right. It’s a very smooth tasting IPA.

dogbomb (1217) - ENGLAND - JAN 11, 2017
Bottle. Pours a decent amber with a fluffy white head. Nose is incredibly hoppy, with grapefruit, lemon, and perhaps a little toffee. Taste is really nice, very hoppy as to be expected, but theres a definite toffee note in there tempering everything down. A good mix of sweet and bitter. A nice dryness cutting through everything. I like this one.

Kiebab (15) - Braniewo, POLAND - JAN 27, 2017
Maybe it’s because it was my first ipa or maybe it’s just really good ipa but I really like it. Nice white head maybe dissapering fast but it’s leaving nice lacing. Aromas of pine, mango and grapefruit connecting with really good bitterness and sweetness of grapfruit making this beer probably one of my best beers I ever tried.