RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.93/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -

Most RecentTicked By

Driftwood6 (214) - USA - JUN 16, 2007
Cask style at Clybourn pub, Chciago. I like porters but this wasnít one of the better ones. Maybe a little too roasty for my taste and a little too sweet. A ssume the marshmallow refers to unfermentable sugars-- like a milk or sweet porter. I guess it was ok, but nothing I would order again.

Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - JUN 15, 2007
When I saw the name, I feared this might be a cloyingly sweet tooth rotter, but itís actually an okay Porter. It pours a deep mahogany body with a tan head that does some solid lacing. The aroma is vanilla, chocolate and some lightly roasted malt. Some dark caramel is added to the flavor. This really needs a more aggressive hop bill to tune the sweetness down a little, but at the time it suited me fine.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Island - Clybourn, Chicago, IL<font size=-1>

Ughsmash (7508) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 13, 2007
Cask pint at GI - Clybourn. Poured a clear, deeper garnet-brown with a tall, creamy cap of off-white head. Aroma was of very sweet marshmallow fluff and vanilla with some toasty caramel and chocolate beneath.. very freakiní sweet! The porter aspect of it was almost lost in the flavor with marshmallow and vanilla sweetness prevailing.. some lightly-toasted chocolate and caramel deep down, and that just increased the sweetness to an almost unbearable level.. lots of vanilla on the finish. Lower carbonation and creamy from the cask treatment.. some diacetyl at the finish.. too sweet.