overall
RATINGS: 901   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Kolsch, the clean and refreshing beer style of Cologne, Germany, quenches summertime thirst. This pale golden ale with a lightly fruity aroma is cold-conditioned or lagered after its primary fermentation. More simply, our Summertime uses only the finest malts and German hops to create the perfect beer for hot Summer days and warm Summer nights.

Bgoad (27) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 18, 2001
Good beer, goes down nice..............................................

mediocremortis (3) - USA - NOV 10, 2007 does not count
Great beer for the summer. Nice clean finish. Golden in color. Drink it in the shade on a hot day.

Danissmart (8) - Westwood, New Jersey, USA - JUN 10, 2012 does not count
Had this one on draft in NYC. Nice summer ale. Light, but not tasteless. Also no overly fruity. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - AUG 16, 2001
Absolutely fantastic! Having never been to Cologne, I can't say if it is true to style, but this lightly fruity, top-fermented beer is pure joy to drink. Soft, easy-going flavor and a light, refreshing body make this a new favorite of mine. Not to be missed.

redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2007 Slightly cloudy gold with a medium white head. Light, crisp, and hoppy at the start but turns dry and bitter about halfway into the glass. 7,3,6,2,14. Rerate: The more I try this one the more I come back to it when available. A great balance, crisp, thirst quenching, with a great finish. One of my favorite summer beers, it sticks out to me, and I look forward to its release.

shalloWMeans (169) - Independence, Kentucky, USA - AUG 17, 2008
Kolsch has long been one of my favorite beer styles, so it’s no wonder that I can’t wait for those hot summer days, when nothing but a clean, crisp and gentle kolsch could possibly be better. Goose Island actually makes an excellent example of this style. It pours a very pale gold, with a brilliant, lustery, whipped topping-like head, and leaves plenty of foam and lacing. The aroma is like fresh hay, a warm summer evening, and a cool breeze. It has a sherbety, ripe red strawberry, herbal lavendar calmness. Summertime’s taste is ever-so-gentle- tickling the tongue, bringing forth lemon sorbet, bubblegum, strawberries, and a fresh, minty, cooling zestiness that quenches the thirst and soothes the soul.

sbanach (222) - Alabama, USA - JUN 1, 2011
Wow, I can’t say anything but good things about this beer. Aroma is dominant orange with lemon, corriander, lime, and slight hops/sweet. I drank this out of a bottle, but from what I remember when I had it the first time that it was a bright yellow attractive beer with a nice, creamy head. There was lace around the bottle so I’m sure there was a nice head (will have to re-rate when I can try in a glass). Palate is not lingering, crisp, but very clean. Overall, very impressed. I think i found my house summer beer. Can’t wait to buy a 12 pack. I’m glad I tried this one at $2.50 goose island beer night at Langel’s in Highland, IN.

ARMed (625) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 13, 2012
What’s not to like if you are truely looking for a very tasty and easy to drink summer beer that does not resemble the mass produced dredge. Taste is alittle lemony and citrusy with a clean crisp taste and smooth non nonsense palate. Will buy this multiple times to drink on the beach in Sea Isle and Avalon, NJ!

ajmkendrick (23) - Oak Harbor, Washington, USA - DEC 11, 2013
This ale pours golden/blonde with a thick white head. It has a strong wheat aroma with a hint of a bitter indeterminate citrus. It has just the right bitter hops notes for me. (Knowing that I like this beer and that it’s IBU is around 20 is really useful when looking for other beers.) It really is the perfect summer brew. It is not too heavy (and not too light) it is well carbonated giving that great fizz on the tongue. Great beer. This is grass cutting beer!

mjmoen (628) - - MAY 8, 2016
B. Pours a clear yellow color with white head. Fruity aroma and crisp finish.