overall
RATINGS: 376   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 95   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright’s grandiose vision for a mile-high skyscraper dubbed "The Illinois," we set out to brew an imperial IPA that would be similar in name and ambition. "The Illinois" Imperial IPA is dry-hopped with three of our favorite hops: Cascade, Meridian, and Citra. the result is a harmoniously hoppy ale with a flavor and aroma that is uniquely Goose Island.

Kinz (3786) - Glen Allen, Virginia, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Surprised I’m number ten on this one. Draft at Mekong. Medium amber, clear, great head. I was looking for something to destroy my palate after doing the tasting part of BJCP, and this did the trick fairly well. Aroma was pure hops, loads of grapefruit, pine, tropical fruit. Flavor was a match, with a good malt backbone to keep things together. Not as scrubbing with the hops as expected, the bitterness was in check. Well balanced. Very nice IIPA.

beersearcher (2383) - Glendale, California, USA - JUL 12, 2013
I personally would not call it a DIPA but this really tastes good. The mixture of Citra and Meridian work well together. Definitely citrus forward and a strong with bitterness but it does not ruin the palate at all. Good carbonation too.

conway (2210) - - JUL 23, 2013
Draft. Clear gold with a thin white head. Nose is piney and resinous hops. Taste follows suit with solid malt backup. Finishes very clean. This is one of the better Goose Island offerings I've had. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jmagnus87 (3302) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - AUG 11, 2013
Draft. Loads of pine and citrus with a huge caramel malt backbone. Very good, although a bit boozy.