overall
RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.17/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   ABV: -
Be sure that you and your friends get acquainted with "The Friendly Beer," Golden Grain Belt Beer. August Schell Brewing Co. bought the Grain Belt brand from bankrupt Minnesota Brewing Co.

Countbeer (6592) - Best of E-Town mit 2 Brauhausen, NETHERLANDS - OCT 25, 2011
Bottle: Found some old notes that I had tasted these in the States many years ago. To be honest I can’t remember that much of these beers, but next to the beers name I wrote a little bit of info. So these notes are for me, to ensure and complete my list and to use this database as mine too. If you want to consider this as a tick, do so. It is for my own record, that I know I had tasted it once. Nice bitter but a bit watery.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 22, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2003 Not there best but it's up there.nicelight aroma with nice balance ,clean finish one of those cool off beer's for the hot summer

pkbites (947) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 10, 2002
Even when it was cheap, this wasn’t so good. Now that they went nuts and raised the price, it tastes even worse.

vomit (260) - Michigan, USA - JAN 5, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 15, 2006 Not Blatz, but a close second. I wish I could get it around here still!

Beer Guy99 (251) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - NOV 12, 2001
Nice everyday lager. The beer tastes fresh, clean and balanced. Nice tang of hops - more than I ever experienced from Miller or Bud products - and easy to drink. I like it and would recommend it to people who enjoy ’regular American lager.’ I don’t know why more people in Minnesota don’t drink this on a regular basis.

GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - JUN 17, 2002
Rivals even Premium for top honors when it is from the tap or bottle instead of the can.

pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - JUN 29, 2002
Very very good,well balanced,nice fruity like flavor,perfect carbonation no bitternes,pleasant aftertaste.

LibraryBrewer (50) - Goodridge, Minnesota, USA - JUN 7, 2006
Old rate from about 7 years ago.Golden color,corn and cerealish aroma with a teasing of hops.Tastes pretty weak with the grains and corn being the predominant flavor with just a slight more hops then the previous brews from these people.Ehhh.

truckie455 (42) - Derby, Connecticut, USA - MAY 25, 2001
Decent mass produced brew. Think Budweiser, only cheaper.

GrandMasterSexay (26) - Minnesota, USA - OCT 6, 2002
a little better than stuff from bud, etc. Premium is much better though