overall
RATINGS: 13   MEAN: 3.17/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.02/5   ABV: -
Be sure that you and your friends get acquainted with "The Friendly Beer," Golden Grain Belt Beer. August Schell Brewing Co. bought the Grain Belt brand from bankrupt Minnesota Brewing Co.

🔒 This rating is private

Countbeer (6592) - Best of E-Town mit 2 Brauhausen, NETHERLANDS - OCT 25, 2011
Bottle: Found some old notes that I had tasted these in the States many years ago. To be honest I can’t remember that much of these beers, but next to the beers name I wrote a little bit of info. So these notes are for me, to ensure and complete my list and to use this database as mine too. If you want to consider this as a tick, do so. It is for my own record, that I know I had tasted it once. Nice bitter but a bit watery.

LibraryBrewer (50) - Goodridge, Minnesota, USA - JUN 7, 2006
Old rate from about 7 years ago.Golden color,corn and cerealish aroma with a teasing of hops.Tastes pretty weak with the grains and corn being the predominant flavor with just a slight more hops then the previous brews from these people.Ehhh.

HammsDrinker (21) - Dollar Bay, Michigan, USA - APR 14, 2005
Hey, it’s not Hamm’s, but it’s a good cheap beer and better than Bud or Miller.

vomit (260) - Michigan, USA - JAN 5, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 15, 2006 Not Blatz, but a close second. I wish I could get it around here still!

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 22, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2003 Not there best but it's up there.nicelight aroma with nice balance ,clean finish one of those cool off beer's for the hot summer

GrandMasterSexay (26) - Minnesota, USA - OCT 6, 2002
a little better than stuff from bud, etc. Premium is much better though

pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - JUN 29, 2002
Very very good,well balanced,nice fruity like flavor,perfect carbonation no bitternes,pleasant aftertaste.

GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - JUN 17, 2002
Rivals even Premium for top honors when it is from the tap or bottle instead of the can.

roscoresel99 (6) - Welch, Minnesota, USA - MAY 28, 2002 does not count
Very similar to most other American beers, ie.. Bud and Miller. It is cheaper and has more flavor.

fraasch (5) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - APR 15, 2002 does not count
Just a little bit better than the average American macrobrew.