RATINGS: 115   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Named after the hardworking neighborhood where the original Grain Belt Brewery established its roots back in 1893. The term ‘Nordeast’ comes from the Northern and Eastern European immigrants and their language which helped shape Northeast Minneapolis. This amber American Lager is our way of honoring the storied past of Grain Belt and the people who helped to make it legendary! Cheers!

unclemike (3149) - Ft. Riley, Kansas, USA - DEC 3, 2012
Light stricken, spoiled veggies, cardboard, and cola aroma. Flavors of slightly roasted caramel, pizza box, and grass. Raw, grainy and gritty mouthfeel not that good at all

thome50 (1295) - Morro Bay via Orange County, California, USA - DEC 2, 2012
Bottle thanks to Atom, rad extra! Pours a clear golden with big, frothy white head. Aroma is minimal but a subdued malt, grain and corn mix. Taste is not too bad with a very balanced malt to yeast component. Not your typical malt extract. Overall, I could drink this on a summer day or pretty much any other day of the year.

kaser (6314) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2012
Not a favorite. Draft. Amber/copper pour. No aroma. Earthy, grainy, thick, bold, malt taste. Just not my style I guess. A choker. I had surly furious before this, so I went from my favorite to this, probably hurts my review ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Ughsmash (7508) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 12, 2012
On tap at Milwaukee Brewfest. Poured clear medium golden with a short off-white head. The aroma picked up sweet, toasty grains with light grass and herbal accents.. smelled like it was going to be refreshing. The flavor found toasty grains and pale malts at the core.. fresh grassy and oaky notes around.. quick, crisp finish. Light-bodied and toasty on the palate.. not much to it, but it was refreshing.

lawman357 (93) - Missouri, USA - SEP 29, 2012
One of my all time favorite lawn mowing beers. Cold, clean, no surprises... you’ve all had this beer or a similar rendition, and you all know exactly what I’m talking about.

theisti (4138) - Kansas, USA - SEP 13, 2012
12 oz twist off bottle generously given to my by my friend Derek. 060112 010826 printed on the clear bottle. The pour is clear copper with a small fizzy off white head. The aroma is a different floral perfume sweet, along with more normal malt sweetness. The taste is caramel sweet malt, the floral (almost potpourri) of the nose, and some fruit sweetness in the back. It tastes a touch synthetic. The palate is light bodied, overly carbonated and watery in the finish. I have a family history with Grain Belt, so I had wanted to try this beer - thanks Derek.

esoxangler (100) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 6, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 25, 2012 Great experience every time with Nordeast. Always refressing, great color and head. Not light but certainly strong or bitter or complex. Usually enjoy these basking in the sun in minnesota

TheHOFF43 (2052) - Robbinsdale, Minnesota, USA - AUG 31, 2012
A decent local despite the score on here. Has a weird after taste and not a lot of flavor but is usually on tap and is inexpensive.

STL_Drew (153) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - AUG 23, 2012
Good head, mostly diminishing, some lacing, clear, amber, malty flavor slight metallic, grain aroma.

DrnkMcDermott (3104) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - AUG 14, 2012
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2013 Bottle, at my dad’s house. Did NOT care for regular Grain Belt as made by Schell’s, but this is the rule-breaker. I notice they’re not declaring so in their description, but this tastes like an all-malt amber. Decent "beer" smell after pouring, no sweet adjuncty notes. Amber colored body under a stiff white head. Drinks easily, and agrees more with the Vienna style (or the historic lagers like Yuengling). The usual plain beer mouthfeel, but again the all-malt brew is apparent and appreciated, although further on there may be a touch of corn or ricew. Hops are not too distinct, probably just the basic Noble varieties lending a bit of a prickle in the back of my mouth.