RATINGS: 121   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Named after the hardworking neighborhood where the original Grain Belt Brewery established its roots back in 1893. The term ‘Nordeast’ comes from the Northern and Eastern European immigrants and their language which helped shape Northeast Minneapolis. This amber American Lager is our way of honoring the storied past of Grain Belt and the people who helped to make it legendary! Cheers!

MinnesotanBrnNraised (1) - Mounds View, Minnesota, USA - JUN 13, 2017 does not count
If you are from Minnesota and don’t like this beer then you’re really not Minnesotan.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - APR 25, 2010
Nice golden color mild malty hoppy aroma.The flavor was mildly malty with some nice graininess,mild hops in the background.Very smooth brew easy to drink great brew for the hot mowers days coming up.Well worth trying if you can find it,which i must be lucky i thought KQRS said it was limited in it’s Dist.

XmnwildX12 (2079) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - MAR 11, 2011
UPDATED: APR 19, 2011 Had this on tap at my favorite bar. I absolutely love the nutty flavor that it has, and it is very drinkable and has become a staple in my fridge.

zjboever (1) - Maple Grove, Minnesota, USA - JUN 13, 2013 does not count
It wasn’t too dark or too light. Didn’t leave an aftertaste and gave me a good buzz. Will definitely drink again.

tone77 (256) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2012
Pours an amber color. Smell is of malts, caramel. Taste is also malty, crisp and refreshing, a touch of hops are present. Overall an easy drinking and pretty good beer.

ChiefBeer12 (81) - Irvine, California, USA - JUN 25, 2012
Bottle. Smells as it looks, like a copper penny. Nice & fizzy with thin white head. Taste isn’t overly complex, just a nice summer time lager. Could drink this all afternoon at a game or poolside. Standard lager finish - wish I could get this in CA.

asedzie (826) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 29, 2010
Bottle. Aroma has mild floral quality, light nuttiness, fresh caramel-like sweetness. Creamy mouthfeel. Very lightly sweet flavor - brown sugar vanilla. Sightly sour corn note in the background, a common note in Grain Belt Premium. Finish has lightly bitter hops with herbs and lemon zest.

Diesel90 (1) - Iowa city, Iowa, USA - OCT 18, 2014 does not count
A great easy drinking beer that can be a cheap replacement for your basic big brewers.

RapeBeer (21) - Indiana, USA - MAR 13, 2014
I went on a trek to Minnesota on the trail of the Kensington Runestone. As my imagination carried me to a world of swashbuckling norsemen traversing the Northwoods, I realized that there, in Minnesota, were descendants of norsemen actually living throughout the region. Sure, their ancestors had arrived there in the 19th century, rather than the 14th but they had injected themselves into American society and had definitively shaped the northern Great Lakes region. Everything about Nordeast (right down to the particular propaganda of its official press release) fit perfectly with what I wanted out of a Minnesotan beer. I tasted great beers (better beers) from the Surly brewery, but this is the one that I remember the most fondly from my quest for medieval norse artifacts in middle america. Drink up!

ebrowner88 (123) - Rice, Minnesota, USA - APR 19, 2011
Not much aroma. What is there is a slight caramel/cola. Not much head and what it does have dissipates rapidly. Surprisingly it has pretty nice lacing. The taste is great! Matly but also very refreshing. Very mild hop finish. This would make an outstanding session beer. I wasn’t expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised.