overall
Brewed by Grand River Brewing
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Cambridge, Canada

RATINGS: 118   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Appearance: Orange colour, of course! with a white frothy cream topping Aroma: Think pumpkin pie, with contributions from cinnamon, all-spice, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla Flavour: Subtle pumpkin and spice flavour balanced by a pale ale malt profile and hop contributions from amarillo and liberty hops

JesseM (1158) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 2, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 6, 2008 Growler straight from the brewery. Pours a nice copper colour, with a small beige head that almost has a tinge of orange. The aroma is of pumpkin pie, ginger, and hops. The taste is a blend of some spices and hops, not much in the way of malts. I find that the most dominate flavours seem to be ginger, clove and pumpkin, but you may find that the pumpkin only comes through at first in the finish and aftertaste. When it warms the pumpkin becomes more evident. The mouth-feel is smoother than the other GRB ales. I wish I didn’t have to travel so far to get their beers, but once again GRB has provided me with an outstanding beer, at a decent price. Unlike anything I’ve tried before.

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - SEP 11, 2014
Quite solid and good, if nondescript. Nice spice notes as expected, and in abundance. Only thing lacking is a distinguishing characteristic to separate this from other fine pumpkin beers.

kevinsenn (2289) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 17, 2011
500mL bottle from LCBO. Pours clear orange. Smells of pumpkin and spices. Pumpkin and spice taste as well, with a full body and low carbonation. A very nice pumpkin ale - I highly recommend it.

garthicus (2945) - Dublin, IRELAND - NOV 16, 2009
On cask at Volo Cask days: Appearance: Golden red, small white head. Aroma: Pumpkins!!! Lovely creamy allspice, vanilla too, superb, possibly one of the best pumpkin ales I’ve ever smelled. Flavour: Delicious creamy pumpkin, spices, cinnamon, very ’pie’ like, long spicy finish. Deeeeeeeelicious.

Wyrdwulf (1) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 15, 2012 does not count
I tried several pumpkin ales together. Of the three brands I tried, I would say this was the best. It has a very soft, pumpkiny palate and I absolutely love pumpkin. Cloudier than the other’s I tried, I prefer cloudy and thick.