overall

RATINGS: 543   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   IBU: 54   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Bitch Creek perfectly balances big malt sweetness and robust hop flavor for a full bodied, satisfying mahogany ale. Like the stream for which it is named, our Bitch Creek ESB is full of character... Not for the timid.

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - JAN 7, 2011
This is a bad ass American ESB. I know they make a double ESB but this very big and bold. You can really taste all the care and quality ingredients. Big big bitter. Sunflower shell caramel and nice chocolate finish. The bottle conditioning totally makes it. The aftertaste is awesome and stays forever.

tubintheyampa (12) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 19, 2012
This beer has a special place in my heart. Bottle conditioned. Brown color. 3/4 inch head. Malty. Slightly sweet. Reminds me of backcountry camping in the tetons. Beer tastes even better when you have to hike 8 miles to your campsite.

Craftbrewhaha (80) - - OCT 1, 2015
Had this on draft. Wasn’t sure what to expect from an "Extra Special Brown" but I really liked this. Excellent malt profile, hop aroma was minimal and had a pleasant bitterness in the finish. Definitely something I cold drink pints and pints of.

jimmbo123 (44) - Washington, USA - JUL 27, 2009
I tried this 3 times at Oregon Brewer’s Festival, twice on Thursday and once on Saturday. It was fabulous each time regardless of which type of beer I had just got done drinking. Didn’t taste bitter to me at all and not too sweet. Half way between a very good amber, and a very good porter. Lots of flavor with none predominating, so well balanced that they’re hard to distinguish. Very smooth.

crousejw12 (2) - hartford, Alabama, USA - FEB 20, 2012 does not count
I love this beer. Whenever I want a good ESB I pick this up. Smooth beer with nice deep golden brown color and great taste!

BlackEyePA (573) - USA - AUG 1, 2012
SAWEET! So rich and bold. Malt character and depth go a long way here. Malt and hops are well balanced and chosen very wisely. I am no master brewer but I can see the brewer of this beer is...It is rich red brown color shines in the light but keeps a bit of yeasties for bottle condish. The aroma is subtle but beautiful rich caramel dark brown fruit and that carries into the flavor and keeps going, leaving a bit on ur palate but keeps you raising that glass for more. Loved it

dwyerpg (6297) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - SEP 6, 2006
Wow, this is one really really good ESB. Taste is a little hoppy and grainy. Not really bitter but quite nice. Best beer I found on my trip to Zion National Park.

lapoint (2) - San Francisco, USA - APR 24, 2013 does not count
bread, molasses brown, murky, off-white medium sweetness, lightly bitter, lightly sour, medium body, creamy, lively, short finish

foyle (424) - Wyoming, USA - NOV 14, 2016
Poured from 12 oz bottle into pint glass. A 1" cream colored head falls slowly with plenty of lacing. Color is deep coppery-brown. Aroma of pine, citrus, caramel and rich roasted malt. Flavors of caramel, molasses, toasted bread, ripe fruit, citrus. A very well balanced brew with the hops and malt both making their presence felt. Delicious.

brewrater (92) - uniontown, Ohio, USA - MAY 12, 2005
Thanks to Jordan (Buck Dich) for the trade. I loved this Bitter! In my opinion much better than its site score. But that is why there are thousands of beers - to each his own. Beautiful dark walnut color. Malt present but hops still rules. Best combination I’ve had. I hate malt dominance but a lot of IPAs and Bitters have no apparent malt at all. This is like a 25/75 split. Great bite in the rear ....uhhhh I mean finish.