Great Basin Tres Marias Chile Beer

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Chris Witbeck’s winning American Homebrewers Association recipe. Brewed for the ProAm competition at the Great American Beer Festival. Made with roasted jalapeno chiles, it has a spicy jalapeno taste with a kick.

Most RecentTicked By

iowaherkeye (2703) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - OCT 5, 2008
On tap @ the brewpub, 9/20/08. Clear golden with a creamy 1 1/2 finger cotton white head, outstanding retention--best I’ve seen in a while. Aroma is all about the peppers--sliced fresh jalapeños, and that’s about it. Flavor is the same with some added earthy bitterness, peaking at a 2-3. The heat, however is pleasant--it doesn’t burn my tongue off, but slowly intensifies as a nice burn. Moderate carbonation with a light to medium body. Not the best pepper beer (that still goes to Jaipur, in my opinion), but I could drink one of these every few visits.