overall
RATINGS: 55   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   ABV: -
As opposed to its bigger Czech cousin Pecks Pilsner, our German Pils is a traditional German-style brau. The renowned German Hallertau Mittelfruh hop and pilsner malt produce a lighter-bodied pils that finishes crisp yet soft. So authentic and drinkable, it cries Bring on the liters!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jewedekind (450) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 1, 2004
Depending on my mood, I often prefer this one over the Pecks, since it does more with less, as in hopiness. The malt is a little too large and the carbonation too little for a German pils. It is really more of a helles. But all the same I think it is an excellent beer, that is often overlooked because of the huge selection at the Dane.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
muzzlehatch (4901) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Light, fruity, some nice ending bitterness, good color and lacing in the glass, hints of pepper and spice. Slightly better than the Pecks Pils I thought.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 9, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2006 Blond color with a minimal white head. Noble hops/sweet aroma. Balanced hop/malt flavor. I thought this would be more bold when I bought it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
badgerben (4970) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 7, 2002
It was a bit too pale, and has a heavy carbonation. I dont think beer should bubble like a Coke.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JPDIPSO (5865) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 24, 2002
Brilliant light straw color with a moderate white head. Noble hops aroma. Sweet hops flavor with a nice malt balance. A bit thin in body. Finish is a bit "stingy" with sharp hops. A decent domestic german pils.