overall
RATINGS: 55   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.89/5   ABV: -
As opposed to its bigger Czech cousin Peck’s Pilsner, our German Pils is a traditional German-style brau. The renowned German Hallertau Mittelfruh hop and pilsner malt produce a lighter-bodied pils that finishes crisp yet soft. So authentic and drinkable, it cries “Bring on the liters!”

jewedekind (450) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 1, 2004
Depending on my mood, I often prefer this one over the Peck’s, since it does more with less, as in hopiness. The malt is a little too large and the carbonation too little for a German pils. It is really more of a helles. But all the same I think it is an excellent beer, that is often overlooked because of the huge selection at the Dane.

muzzlehatch (4959) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Light, fruity, some nice ending bitterness, good color and lacing in the glass, hints of pepper and spice. Slightly better than the Pecks Pils I thought.

kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 9, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2006 Blond color with a minimal white head. Noble hops/sweet aroma. Balanced hop/malt flavor. I thought this would be more bold when I bought it.

badgerben (5178) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 7, 2002
It was a bit too pale, and has a heavy carbonation. I don’t think beer should bubble like a Coke.

JPDIPSO (6223) - Wauwatosa, USA - SEP 24, 2002
Brilliant light straw color with a moderate white head. Noble hops aroma. Sweet hops flavor with a nice malt balance. A bit thin in body. Finish is a bit "stingy" with sharp hops. A decent domestic german pils.