overall
RATINGS: 247   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 306   ABV: 10.2%
To celebrate the brewery’s 19th Anniversary, Great Divide’s brewers deviated from previous years’ anniversary ales and developed an entirely new recipe. The label reads, 19th Anniversary Ale isn’t just a wood-aged ale. It’s a compass – a reminder of where we’ve been and where we’re going. Brewed with pure birch syrup and aged on birch wood, this beer embraces reverential tradition and revolutionary innovation. As we celebrate our 19th year, we hope you’ll join us for the road ahead.

Iloveckbrew (1) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - MAY 1, 2013 does not count
This is an incredible beer. It is bold and smooth, not overwhelming, and the taste is extremely unique, a standout. If you want to try a new and fresh tasting beer, this is the one for you.spruce, earthy, woody, golden, clear, full body, long finish, I recommend this one to everyone!

Nimsster (1) - - MAY 14, 2013 does not count
Not for the faint of heart; think barley wine and you’re palate will be pre

calebjross (1) - Kansas, USA - AUG 2, 2014 does not count
See my video review here as part of my To Be Drunk List YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/JY8dBty7JuQ

swesson (471) - Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA - SEP 3, 2013
Very balanced strong ale. Good head, excellent lacing. I can taste the birch aging in the beer! High AVB at 10.2 but not overpowering. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - AUG 8, 2013
Almost a brandy wine light ... But better! Pours surprisingly light in color. Sweet caramel and toffee flavor that is a bit syrupy. This is highlighted by a wonderful smokiness. Bit of alcohol warmth, and just a hair of a boozy edge. I like it! A- ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone