overall
RATINGS: 606   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.89/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Belgian Style Yeti is a delicious new blend of brewing techniques - all the malt-driven roastiness of our Yeti Imperial Stout with characteristic spice and fruit notes imparted by our special Belgian yeast strain. Belgian Style Yeti is a one-of-a-kind beer as mysterious as the mythical creature himself. Impossible? See for yourself, you’ll be a believer, too.

Rosebud butternuts (2396) - Denton, Texas, USA - JUL 29, 2011
Bottle thanks to swalden28. Poured black with a beige head and some lace. Aroma was chocolate and fudge. Flavor was chocolate, fudge, coffee, and some slight belgian qualities. Body was medium with soft carbonation.

bblack99 (527) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - JUL 29, 2011
Bomber from Argonaut. Pours opaque black with a big dark mocha head that fades to a pale beige as it collapses, leaving streaky drippy lacing. Aroma is sketchy, with good notes of roasted nuts, coffee, and chocolate stomped on by some strange boozy Belgo action. Flavors are similarly wonky, with all of the good bits of Yeti one would expect with an infectious Brett-like character appearing near the finish that washes away the chocolatey goodness and introduces thin, dry peppery spice. Not exactly Yeti quality.

emacgee (4677) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - JUL 29, 2011
Pours inky black with a nice chestnut brown head. Nose is roasty with notes of burnt popcorn and toast. Slightly rusty/metallic with some fruit skins. Roasty flavor with some cacao and chocolate and notes of burnt toast. Rich and velvety mouthfeel. From what I can tell the Belgian aspect of this comes through more in the palate and interaction with the dark grains as opposed to any ester/phenol presence.

tastybeer (1853) - Indiana, USA - JUL 29, 2011
Bottle. Pour is deep black with a nice tan head, good retention/some lacing. Aroma is powdered sugar, dark fruits, some light chocolate/coffee but the roast is very muted. Taste is rich chocolate initially but finish is thin and watery. Palate is a bit astringent. I’d go for espresso yeti.

GT (10000) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 29, 2011
651mL thanks to tastybeer. The pour is a deep black with a modest brown head generated. Spotty lace on the snifter. Nose is pretty much all yeast phenols and lemon dessert cookies with powdered sugar. Sounds good but the nose is still off by quite a bit. Up front the taste is heavy and thick but on the finish it becomes very weak and watery. Gets thin and astringent with a taste profile of nori (seaweed paper) and soy. Poor palate. Probably not something to pursue for the Yeti lineup. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

msante79 (2225) - Mount Prospect, Illinois, USA - JUL 28, 2011
Rating #1500. Figured I would try out the new Yeti. Pours near black with tan head. I remember the other versions having a much darker head. Aromas of chocolate, roasted malts, dark fruits, spices, and yeast. Flavors of chocolate, tons of burnt and roasted malts, very light coffee, bit of yeast, spices, and some raisins. Finishes dry with some bitterness at the end. Not my favorite version, but this is still pretty good. Still probably one of the best foreign style stouts I have had.

daknole (11049) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JUL 27, 2011
Dark brown with a tan head. Aroma has lots of chocolate, dark dried fruit and a hint of the Belgian yeast used. Flavor seems sweeter than the regular Yeti with the yeast offering a lightly spicier and fruitlet note. Good stuff.

Ktwse (4897) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 24, 2011
Not my favourite Yeti but still very good. Pours as black as all of them, with a minimal tan head. Maybe slightly thinner than the regular Yeti. Aroma is chocolate, coffee, but the belgian yeast adds caramel, more dark fruits and alcohol. Alcohol is also more present in the taste. Sweeter than the ordinary Yeti with less of the coffee and more raisins. Palate is as great as ever.

temporrari (397) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JUL 24, 2011
Tap at The Dash-In. I have always been a fan of Yeti. Add a Belgian yeast and I can’t imagine things not turning out great. Perhaps it was served so cold it muted the Belgian character, but I really didn’t notice any. I might have been a touch imbibed as well. It was chocolatey and very smooth. As it warmed I thought for a moment I detected some spice... But I really can’t be sure. If I go back and it’s there I’ll order it again, but I think I’ll start here instead of finishing with it. Tasted good in any case!

norsedoc (248) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 23, 2011
Pours black with a active tan head that falls after the first sip. Fair lacing. Nose of blackberry and cocoa. Thinner than the regular Yeti. Some spice and dark fruit to go with the sweet roasted malt. It gets much better as it warms.