overall
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 796   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 231   ABV: 7.7%
Named for a medieval Scottish sword, Claymore Scotch ale is a tribute to the legendary "Wee Heavy" beers of Scotland. A malty, deep-ruby-hued ale, it features a generous amount of caramel sweetness, a reserved hop profile and a subtle warming character, at 7.7% alcohol by volume. Claymore will be available in six-packs and on draft through mid-April.

rainnskittles (4) - Alabama, USA - MAY 19, 2010 does not count
Having hiked my way across Scotland and spent my evenings in their pubs, I can attest to their local beers. This beer hit the mark and exceeded all of my expectations

ajmkendrick (23) - Oak Harbor, Washington, USA - JAN 4, 2014
Claymore Scotch Ale is a dark brown, almost black, beer with a lean tan head. It is aptly called a "Wee Heavy" because it verges on full bodied but it tapers off before it gets there. It has a mild malty and floral hops aroma. It has a creamy mouth feel and tastes of toasted grain and caramel coffee. It seems mildly hopped, but the hops could be heavier and just be masked by its malty sweetness. This is my first 5 star beer. The sweet and bitter is well balanced, the mouth feel is great, and it is heavy without being too filling. I love it! This is a must try beer!