overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1028   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
*** This recipe has been retired. Rate the other Denver Pale Ale (2016-) ***

DPA has risen to become one of the most award-winning English-style pale ales in the world. Sporting a brilliant copper hue and an assertive floral hop aroma, DPA is known for its smooth, malty middle, which is expertly complemented with hearty and complex hop flavor. DPA’s extraordinary hop finish is marked by crisp yet moderate hop bitterness.

airrick2003 (872) - Louisiana, USA - AUG 23, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 9, 2014 Appearance: rich darker gold color, almost amber, pours with a medium sized beige head, it’s moderately dense Aroma: intense grain, smells like my malt bag when I brew, pretty amazing, oats, can’t smell it enough Taste: very grainy, some hints of coffee, wheat, also has an assertive hop backbone that compliments the grain very well, oats Palate: slightly below average carbonation, bitter aftertaste, medium mouthfeel, Overall: this is a beer that tastes just like my home brewing malt cheese bag, it’s delicious, really wish we got great divide here, they named it pale ale but it’s head and shoulders better than other malt front beers ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Wagnerjc (3) - - DEC 31, 2011 does not count
Great even pale ale. Nice balanced hops. A night of these would be well spent. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

inthebuff99 (11) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - JUN 7, 2001
A very complex Pale Ale. Has the right amount of bitterness and has very interesting aftertastes with hints of this and that. Liked this one! The Brewery is cool too.

balancebeer (15) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 25, 2013
This is my new favorite Pale Ale. I just ordered a big pile of it for my store because I love it so much. I think this is an incredibly well balanced beer that can be enjoyed by a wide spectrum of people. It has a fuller mouth feel than the average pale, and when my glass was empty I was certainly ready for another bottle.

MetalNHopHead (2277) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - DEC 27, 2013
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2014 DPA packs quite a punch with its hops. They’re apparent from start to finish but their final impression is the most powerful. That bitter, long finish leaves quite the calling card. It also leaves you wanting more. DPA is a great pale ale from a reputable brewery.

jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - APR 23, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 23, 2004 Wow, pours a prismatic goldenrod color, but since I have trouble discerning color, lets just say it has the color of orgasmic inferno. Let’s hope this good opinion proceeds. Decent aroma, lot’s of hops, kind of smells like cotton candy actually. Mmmm,mmm! Great great great taste, I dare say this is the best (or ranks among the best) pale ales I have ever tried! And to think I got this for free during a promotional drive at my local beer retailer. Fantastic! Nothing wrong with this at all!

Maddog (528) - Kettering, Ohio, USA - JUL 19, 2004
Light body but very crisp and clean, and a dry finish. Had a 2003 when it was called Fresh Hop Pale Ale, so this could have hurt the overall flavor. Too light to stand up to time. A pretty decent beer.

FlacoAlto (4234) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 29, 2005
Bottled November 2004, Sampled January 2005
Pours a brilliantly clear full copper color, it is topped by a light amber tan head with a fairly low level of carbonation. The aroma is sweet with caramel malts and hopily spiced with notes of tangerine, apricot, and oranges, and a nice fruity flower nectar type thing. The taste is quite well balanced. This beer is not quite sweet yet quite fruity & hoppy. It is very well balanced with a complimenting malty caramel note that accentuates the hops. This beer reminds me of candied orange peels, spruce tips. The hops nearly dance across my tongue with spicy herbal notes of pine and a nice bitterness that moves from the middle of my tongue to the back of my mouth as this beer passes down my gullet. This is just a really nicely made Pale Ale, it is actually even better than the IPA and IIPA from this brewery.

mnurda (1305) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JUN 29, 2005
I liked it. Nice falvor to it. Tasted good with Wolfgang Puck’s 4 cheese pizza in the Denver Airport.