overall
RATINGS: 1368   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.12/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Espresso Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout is a new addition to the Yeti clan. A generous infusion of Denver’s own Pablo’s espresso adds yet another layer of complexity to this beer, combining with the vanilla oak character, intense roasty maltiness and bold hop profile to create a whole new breed of mythical creature. It’s official, you can now have Yeti with breakfast.

Suggested food pairings: Breakfast burrito, eggs Benedict, hash browns, cheesecake, creme brulee.

amp811 (38) - Charleston, South Carolina, USA - JUL 16, 2009
What can I say that hasn’t already been said? It’s a near perfect beer, with the oak and espresso flavors abound. Instead of repeating everyone else, I’ll hit the low point: the oak and espresso are a little overpowering near the end. Really now, I’m just nitpicking, this beer is the jam.

polomagnifico (1202) - Saginaw, Michigan, USA - SEP 4, 2010
Bottle. Aroma has notes of dark chocolate, roasted malts, molasses, espresso, oak, vanilla and dark dried fruits. Pitch black in the glass with an average sized medium brown head that mostly diminished and left fantastic lace. Flavor is heavy sweet and medium bitterness. Palate is very full bodied and oily soft. Overall a fantastic brew that nails every category.

BeerBaboon (2114) - FINLAND - APR 5, 2011
UPDATED: APR 29, 2011 Pitch black beer. Aroma of vanilla, roasted malt, coffee and wood. Flavour is moderately bitter, bourbo, vanilla, coffee and sweetness. I wrote a more elaborate review of this beer but it disappeared. Thought I had it here. Maybe I’ll get back to this one some other day. It was an excellent beer.

TJay7481 (80) - Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA - APR 16, 2011
If you are stout lover this is an absolute must try. Seriously, go out and find it, no exceptions. I never used to like stouts but I have started to get a taste for them and this helped it along nicely. It was like a meal in a glass, so thick and heavy. Chocolate and coffee dominate the aroma and pretty much lead the way in flavor as well. But it doesn’t taste very sweet, a perfect blending of coffee, chocolate and malts with a slight hop aftertaste. A very slight carbonation. Color is dark as night.

AirForceHops (7546) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 26, 2011
I let this bottle sit awhile: bottle date is 21 March 2010. Wanted to hold for a special occasion. And it’s my 700 rating. 22 oz bottle purchased @ Table and Vine, West Springfield, MA. Paid $9.99 for a 22 oz bottle. And it was worth every cent! Nose is an intense chocolate covered espresso bean. Intoxicating amounts of coffee. Taste is dark roasted espresso and bitter chocolate with hints of vanilla and hops are also very present. Thick & creamy mouthfeel gives way to a dry lingering finish. Combined flavors of the espresso, hops and roasted malt are bittersweet and hide the alcohol well. The best coffee stout I have EVER sampled. And should be talked about when comparing the best stouts in the country! Balanced very well and so easy to drink I finished my snifter in like 4 minutes. I can’t say anything bad about this… one of the best stouts I’ve ever drank, HANDS DOWN! Anything else I could say would just be a repeat, truly AMAZING! About as close to perfect as you can get.

Balazs (787) - Den Haag, NETHERLANDS - OCT 31, 2011
Bomber from Csak a jó sör. Poured pitch black, with a beige, lacing, creamy head. Dark cocolate, ash, coffee beans, earth, roasted malts, vanilla, honey, tons of hops in the aroma. Dense, oily, pretty good carbonation. Dry, roasted, wood cask in the finish. Espresso is definitely present, but not overpowering. Outstanding brew!

RasterMaster (258) - , Oklahoma, USA - MAR 12, 2012
Carbon black-brown pour into thick, pillowy tan head that slowly melts into a sticky lacing and a deep pool of creamy foam. Aroma of vanilla, dark roast coffee, bitter dark chocolate, smoked oaky caramel, and malty burnt char. Initial flavor of roasty spice that fades into a bitter, bourbon-laced hoppy finish.

Nightsky (176) - Lutz, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2012
Delicious home brewed espresso, thick head when poured. Beautiful dark color, non transparent. Nice oak aged taste with a wonderful bitter espresso finish! I could only have a few sips but a few sips is perfect. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

BrewtopiaofPJ (37) - Miller Place, New York, USA - FEB 27, 2013
Bottle from Brewtopia of Port Jeff, Pours black as night, What a great Stout. Great espresso roasted flavors and completely balanced. This is why we drink beer.

DontToewsMeBro (5) - Carbondale, USA - JAN 25, 2014 does not count
The coffee taste is a perfect balance. It gave me a great buzz! i am a fan, one of my favorite stouts