overall
RATINGS: 2660   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.09/5   IBU: 75   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Great Divides Yeti Imperial Stout is an onslaught of the senses. An almost viscous, inky-black brew, Yeti opens with a massive, roasty, chocolate, coffee malt flavor that eventually gives way to rich toffee and burnt caramel notes. Packed with an enormous quantity of American hops, Yetis hop profile reveals a slightly citrusy, piney, and wonderfully dry hoppy finish. 75 International Bittering Units (IBUs).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
2beerguys (299) - North Shore, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 14, 2007
We saved this beast for the last beer of the evening. We knew that this beer was high on the rictor scale and we were up for the challenge. The initial black oil pour settled into a murky black body with a small brown fully diminishing head with fair lacing. The nose was excited with the sweet malt aroma emitting from our glass with hints of coffee and light tasted malts. The alcohol presence was not hiding. If it was any stronger, it would have slapped us silly. The initial harsh chocolaty sweet taste caused my palate to water and eventually lightened to a moderately sweet taste for a long duration on the palate. The medium to heavy creamy body was lively carbonated leaving the palate wanting more. It didnt contain a harsh alcohol taste, but you could taste the strong hints of hops. We pared this offering with a dark Coted Or Belgian chocolate and we not disappointed. This definitely rivals the Smuttynose Imperial Stout.

This just gave me the chills - Amber. This is an amazing stout. We will definitely be stock piling this beer if we are able to find this in the store Sean. Reviewed on January 11th, 2007.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jonwayne4883 (401) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - FEB 14, 2007
wow. very thick, tasty beer. possibly the finest offering from great divide. great flavor, lasting taste. bottle from de reuze market, grand rapids.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
keith0718 (434) - Kansas, USA - FEB 13, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 21, 2007 A meal a bottle. The moment you begin pouring this beer you can see that it is thicker and of a higher viscosity than most other beers. Nice, creamy brown head. Deliciously full-flavored with a well-rounded, roasted, nutty molasses flavor ending in lingering strong bitterness. Although I enjoyed the quality of this stout, its too heavy and a little too bitter for me to enjoy on a regular basis. (However, I found myself craving it the next day.) I will definitely have this one again when the mood strikes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dirkules (629) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 12, 2007
Great Divide has had their great brews, and having this one after the oak age yeti is somewhat anticlimatic, but it gives a good idea of how they filled out the body from this original conception. Chocolate notes are still as appetizing as ever, but compared to some ofthe tinfer imperials out there it falls a bit short. Id still take a Sam Smith over this one, but would seriously have to debate it with the oak yeti.

LeopoldStoch (201) - Green, Ohio, USA - FEB 11, 2007
Overall a really good stout, that I have had numerous different times. But now that it is sold in four packs...I have been enjoying it a lot more. I recently had a Jan. 2007 bottle, and even while sooo fresh this beer was still great. Lots of coffee and chocolate with some caramel and toffee coming through towards the end of the flavor profile. The aroma is very solid with lots of roastiness and some coffee and a little bit of chocolate. A really good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Aggie80 (813) - Michigan, USA - FEB 10, 2007
Solid dark pour with a nice coffee/chocolate aroma with hop undertones. The Hop flavor in this was a bit of a surprise as how well it came through. Pleasant deep flavors were a real treat.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bhensonb (14622) - Woodland, California, USA - FEB 8, 2007
Aroma of dark roasted malt, backed by coffee and chocolate. Starts with a very strong, almost licorice, flavor. Ok, this could be "massive, roasty". I think theres coffee. This is so massive that the chocolate gets hidden for the most part. It does not finish all that dry, and the hop is almost overcome by the toasted malt. That massive, roasty seems to be keeping the hop out of my taste profiling. There is bitter in the finish, but Im not convinced its hop. Strong stuff. If there are stoutheads, this should work for them. Note: after some passage of time, I actually think I find grapefruit. Still this is dark roasted stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
VikingHammer (506) - Lynnfield, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 7, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 27, 2007 Dark pour with a dark tan head. Aromas of chocolate, coffee and some dark fruits. I could got some roasted malts, coffee, and chocolate that was full in the mouth. One of my favorite stouts. Cant wait to try the Oak Aged.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
awaisanen (1304) - Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 5, 2007
From a 22oz Bottle. Pours an opaque murky black color with some charcoal hues and a soft foamy head of tan. Some distinct white grapefruit hop aromas greet the nostrils first, followed by some more subtle tones of white chocolate. A hint of crystallized raw sugar lingers as well, but the hop character is definitely the single most defining feature of the bouquet. Medium bodied, lightly carbonated mouthfeel. A touch on the light side for an imperial stout. Some spicy hop character is clearly present on the palate, but the roasted characters come through stronger, creating a slightly better balance in the flavor than the aroma. Dark sticky chocolates and rich coffee syrup malt flavors are nice, but the hops create a very one-dimensional sharp edge that prevents any additional malt characters from revealing themselves. A touch of alcohol burns gently in the final smack, along with some bittersweet dark chocolates. Too much high alpha hop character and not enough malt complexity for my tastes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MaxxDaddy (415) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - FEB 5, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 18, 2007 Pours inky black with the tiniest bit of tan head. Aroma is of coffee, chocolate, dark fruits, alcohol, and...grapefruit? Even upon the first taste, the hops are immediately evident. The bitter hops lead to the roasted malts Im accustomed to with their chocolate, coffee, and caramel tastes. The palate wasnt quite as oily as the I like and was more carbonated. When drinking it slightly cooler, the finish was assertively hoppy and somewhat lingering. As it warmed up, the hop aroma faded and the finish became more of a combination of coffee and the hops. I definitely enjoyed this more and more as I was drinking it. I appreciate this brews attempt at malt and hop balance. Nobody wants a syrupy sugar bomb.