overall
RATINGS: 2715   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.1/5   IBU: 75   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Great Divide’s Yeti Imperial Stout is an onslaught of the senses. An almost viscous, inky-black brew, Yeti opens with a massive, roasty, chocolate, coffee malt flavor that eventually gives way to rich toffee and burnt caramel notes. Packed with an enormous quantity of American hops, Yeti’s hop profile reveals a slightly citrusy, piney, and wonderfully dry hoppy finish. 75 International Bittering Units (IBUs).

Trooper11 (468) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - NOV 30, 2007
Wow, black brew with a light brown head Beautiful cascading show lasts a few minutes leaving behind heavy lacing pattern. Chocolate aroma, roasted notes Semi sweet, dry roasted chocolate flavor this brew is delicious and satisfying. Great warmth in the chest.

lemasney (398) - Trenton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 9, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2008 ABV: 9.5% RateBeer rating: 99 Calories: estimated at 400C Volume: 22 fl oz Glass: small snifter Purchased at: Joe Canal’s, Lawrenceville, NJ Price: $7.29 Consumed at: home First Impression: Aroma is chocolate, caramel, and espresso. Dark roasted notes. Aroma is simply amazing. Fills the room. Visuals are an oily black with a tan head that starts thick but dissipates quickly to a wispy film. There is no light penetrating - sucks you in. Taste is its greatest feature, with fuller chocolate notes than many others. Peppery. Reminds me of other favorite chocolate stouts, like Brooklyn’s. It is rich, deep, and satisfying - well balanced, and 9.5% is hidden expertly. Palate is sudsy, satin, and luxurious. This is worthy of very high praise. Second Impression: One of my favorites. I have to start getting a hold of some more Great Divide brews - I hardly noticed them before. There’s something about the more subtle notes that put this brew slightly above the others in its class. Aroma: 10 out of 10 Visuals: 5 out of 5 Taste: 10 out of 10 Palate: 5 out of 5 Overall: 20 out of 20. I think this is my perfect beer.

soapbox (18) - Alabama, USA - SEP 20, 2009
One of my favorite beers of all time. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find any of Great Divide’s other beers in my area. For anyone who has never had this one, it will seem like a joke at first taste. It is absolutely intense and it makes Corona lovers sick. It pours a rich dark black with a dark orange head. This is the beer I compare all others to. A must drink!

shudonkey (4) - Alabama, USA - MAY 3, 2010 does not count
If you told me you could only drink one beer for the res of your life, I would feel bad for you, then I would tell you Yeti stout should be your beer, and I wouldn’t feel that bad anymore. This is the most complex beer that I have ever loved. Sure I have had more complex beers (alesmith speedway stout, Founders breakfast stout) but they didn’t quite pull it off. Yeti Pulled it off completely. I could try to describe the aroma the flavor and yadda yadda yadda, but I won’t insult the beer. Just take my word for it if your pallet can handle malty hoppy caramely insanity then this beer will not disappoint you.

Unibonger (163) - Mount Shasta, California, USA - JUL 17, 2010
22oz. Pours a very insanely deep black, brown thin head with very good retention, decent amount of lacing. Smells slightly of cherry, strong roast grain, and coffee. Very grainy flavor, with strong roast, some of the cherry hints. Low carbonation, big bold body, slightly slick texture.

BeeriedEyed (211) - USA - NOV 12, 2010
This beer is one of my favorite stout beers. This is what all stout beers should be based on. Perfectly balanced and a great ABV.

davidm (2080) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - OCT 26, 2011
330ml Bottle. Full marks, paradise in a beer. Aromas of chocolate, liquorice, vanilla, and caramel. Taste is sweet and bitter, with extremely long length. Palate is creamy, and full bodied. Black, with a frothy off-white head.

sickboy79 (66) - USA - JAN 20, 2012
Yummo! Take the best of a great stout/porter and mix it with a hoppy IPA and you get this beer. Dark chocolate flavors abound with HUGE hoppiness. AMAZING. Period!

Kosmokrator (849) - ITALY - MAR 14, 2013
UPDATED: NOV 22, 2015 Scurissimo color marrone, denso e viscoso, con un cappello stabile di schiuma marroncina. Aroma ricco ed intenso con sentori di cioccolato, caramello, caffè e pane appena sfornato; al palato è un tripudio di note caffettose e cioccolatose, meravigliosamente bilanciate con il finale amarognolo e asciutto dove il luppolo si fa sentire senza esagerare. Cremosissima, corposa e vellutata, un capolavoro con pochissimi eguali.

ronbo39 (8) - Michigan, USA - MAY 13, 2013 does not count
the aroma was awesome rich malt caramel and toffee appearance dark and full taste light bitter body bold texture thick carbonation flat finish long i would recommend this beer it was a great beer to drink