overall
Brewed by Great Lakes Brewery (Ontario)
Style: American Pale Ale
Etobicoke, Canada

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 3.76/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 40   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It started out innocently enough – a friend gave me a beer hopped with Citra. My life changed. I began to seek out other hoppy beers. I came to appreciate the grapefruit and mango that Citra brought to my palate. Suddenly, I looked for complexity over simplicity, taste over the lack thereof. I felt smarter, younger and I stopped buying processed cheese. But things changed when I realized I couldn’t drink the beer at the sports bar with the guys after hockey. They started calling me hurtful names like “beer snob” and “Mr. Fancy”. What would I drink at weddings? Baseball games? Or even a visit to the Old Man’s place? And WTF was I going to do with all my frozen beer mugs? My wife left. My dog ran away. My name is Garnett and I’m addicted to Citra.

HogTownHarry (7065) - Toronto (Harbourfront), CANADA - JUL 23, 2017
December 5, 2014 - at Bar Hop - on draught. Hazy pale gold with a decent frothy mottled off-white head. Aroma - yep, this is definitely my kinda thing - pungent citra with a little pear/peach sweet malt - mostly just redolent of citra goodness. Taste - PA malt and bitterness levels - light alcohol - nicely balanced, if a bit grainy and dry; nail hit squarely on the head, I think. Average body, chewy, decent carbonation, medium-long pithy pungent finish. Sure wish this were canned and available all year round.

robinvboyer (4754) - Sturgeon Falls, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 31, 2015
Tap at thirsty and miserable. Incredible aroma of citrus zest, and tropical fruit, especially mango, and some pineapple. Sticky hop juice, semi sweet, and low bitterness. Incredibly tasty, super session ale. Incredible stuff. Loved every drop.

AleRider78 (1453) - Winchester, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 15, 2015
On tap at Arrow and Loon. Pours a large foamy bubbly white head and has a hazy golden appearance. Thick patchy lacing. Aromas of citrus and floral hops. Flavours are fairly bitter, strong citrus hops, grassy and piney notes as well. Crisp and zesty finish. Likely carbonation.

SlovakSniper (5561) - Candiac, Quebec, CANADA - SEP 24, 2015
Mis en canette le 9 septembre 2015. Dorée est la robe et la mousse blanche qui s’accroche terriblement est assez belle merci. Au nez, le gazon fraîchement coupé et les délicieux fruits du Citra sont explosifs. Au goût, le caractère fruité perde légèrement de son charme devant des saveurs florales, herbacées et minimalement résineuses. En bouche, j’ai une belle impression de ce corps de grande soif. En finale, tout est bien sec et modérément long. Trois ou quatre gorgées plus loin, mon verre est déjà vide!

piscator34 (2647) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - SEP 24, 2015
Draft. Pale gold in colour with moderate carbonation. Potent Citra hop aromas of mango, white grapefruit, and cut grass. Flavors are of exotic citrus, clean pale malt, and a hint of mint. Light bodied and refreshing with a moderate level of bitterness.

Tranquillity (2508) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 23, 2015
Draft at Slack, Toronto. Slightly hazy body, huge white head. The aroma is hoppy, with some fruits. Very tart, like lemonade. The taste is a bit of a ddissapointment after that aroma. Very fruity, great finish but a bit watery overall.

Johnsense (1754) - - SEP 19, 2015
Hazy gold pour. Very citra forward in aroma and taste; grapefruit, cracker malt, dank and catty. Medium to lighter body. Drinks surprisingly easy

Freaky_tiki (1357) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 31, 2015
Sitting at the Only Cafe with Helsden asking the bartender to surprise me with a hoppy beer that I probably haven’t tried & this is what he came up with. Nice! Big fluffy white cap. Sediment floats in the glass like a snowglobe. Not a lot of carbonation. Slightly funky on the nose. And BOOM! Big smack down bursts of Citra madness. You won’t believe this is just 4.4%. Finish skids & sustains all over your taste buds. Love this so much I end up choosing to stop rating other beers & pound a few of these in a row.

Oakes (18794) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 27, 2015
Tap at the Winking Judge. Hazy and pale, massive citra aroma. Taste is so much citra, sweet orange, gooseberries, just intense and quaffable.

asheft (3108) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 7, 2015
On tap at Arrow and Loon. Onion and grapefruit aroma with some base malt backbone. Almost clear dark yellow under a thin white cover that persists. Flavour is onion and catty hops with assertive bitterness and gentle base malt in the background. Medium light body, medium carbonation, pretty crisp.