overall
Brewed by Great Lakes Brewery (Ontario)
Style: American Pale Ale
Etobicoke, Canada

RATINGS: 228   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
It’s been said that “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity.” This beer doesn’t help much with that crisis. From the fiercely irresponsible stereotypical image on the front of the can to the distinctly American style of the beer inside it – we’ve really made a mess of things. What have we done? Sorry.

The4Saisons (15) - - NOV 2, 2013
CANUCKLEHEAD! The cask, dry-hopped version of Crazy Canuck is an absolute joy. In Ontario only Great Lakes and Durham seem to consistently turn out fantastic cask versions of their hoppy ales. Incredibly sessionable with a strong hop bite that somehow still leaves your taste buds intact. I could drink this all night, and have.

back (2158) - Holstebro, DENMARK - APR 5, 2014
Gylden klar skum hvid mellen Citrus grape malt korn Bitter meget sød lidt Vandede livlig @f1/far ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Benzai (15624) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - APR 24, 2014
50cl can shared by Dutchdrebus @ weekly tasting. Hazy yellow color, medium sized white head that leaves decent lacing. Aroma has malts, spruce, resin. Taste malts, resin, hops, bitter. Way more resin than I’d expect from an APA. I like it though.

Cuso (8691) - Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC - AUG 14, 2014
Can kindly donated by Netty, many thanks. Unclear orange golden color with medium persistent white head. Nice piney, citrus hoppy aroma. taste, solid malty base followed by nice portion of hops with grapefruit, pines, grapefruit zest, lemon. Nice long hoppy bitter finish. Good.

TomTron (452) - South Carolina, USA - OCT 18, 2014
From le can. Yellowish orange pour with a decent, white head. Aromas of tropical fruit and pine. Creamy texture and has that nice balance of crisp hops and some faint malty sweetness. One of the better Canadian beers I have tried, and it comes in a pretty bad ass can.

biirusaikou (2705) - - NOV 10, 2014
Nice citrus/pine hop bouquet with a good caramalt backbone, fruity bitter finish. Tried both can and draft, nice crisp, a solid Ontario APA.

daniel0017 (449) - Yukon, CANADA - SEP 2, 2015
Eyes tell me it’s clear Golden and fizzy and got some bubbles. Nose smells me grapefruit, varied citrus, choicest peppery hops and a quality malt arrangement. Mouth confirms that which nose reports, rejoices at bitter sweet harmony. Palate is refreshed and thanks GLB. Wonderful. Bravo.

deepeary (405) - Ontario, CANADA - NOV 29, 2015
Fresh can from the brewery. Nose is grapefruit, pine and floral hops. Same notes on the taste. Moderate bitterness. Thin body. Very balanced and easy drinking. Nice hoppy quaffer.

QcBeer (187) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 17, 2016
Une bière de bucheron. Arome de pamplemousse, citron et légèrement épineux! En bouche, semblablement la même chose, et goût fruité acide, floral... Moyenne amertume qui perdure sous des notes malté et fruité!

mijamdi (2) - Ottawa, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 14, 2010 does not count
After a couple bland experiences with other US style PAs that were well regarded here, I was quite deliberate about trying this one first at room temperature (because I was thinking that my refrigerator was homogenizing the character right out of my previous samples), but after reading what other reviewers have so far had to say about it, I’m still wondering if I even tasted the same product. “Grapefruit” dominated my first, middle and final impressions, From the moment I cranked the cap off my bottle (a 650 mL LCBO "bomber") and poured it, my nose was awash in the citrus / grapefruit aroma and it was far and away the first and most lasting taste to hit and then linger on my palate. My wife, who is basically a "beer is beer" person, even named the citrus family’s softball when she took a sip after my invitation to taste a “hoppy” beer. I quite liked it. With a gorgeous honey colour and homebrew quality froth in the head that lingered for a long time, this brew revealed itself as fresh, fruity, floral -- all the hallmarks you expect to find in a hoppy beer and despite the citrus / grapefruit predominance, it came across the palate as very nicely balanced. It’s a comfortable session brew that would also nicely accompany some zingy curries or rice dishes as a food pairing.