%>
overall
Brewed by Great Lakes Brewery (Ontario)
Style: Wheat Ale
Etobicoke, Canada
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Okay, we’re busted! We’re calling this beer a weiss; it’s not! We’re suggesting it’s from Miami; we’ve never even been there. Confused? So are we.

What we know is it is an American style take on a traditional German wheat beer - A Pale Wheat. Rather than a mild hop presence, this baby is packed with Pacific Northwest hops. It’s made with a pale ale yeast which doesn’t produce the same banana flavour you find in German weiss beers. We also know that it goes down smooth and tastes terrific.

So, what’s with the name Miami Weiss? It’s just something the guys in marketing came up with.

tom10101 (6225) - Quebec, CANADA - JUN 29, 2013
Bottle (650 ml). Extra from Craig, thanks! Hazy yellow/blond with a small persistent white head, good retention and good lacing. Aroma is of wheat, lemon, pilsner malt and light spices. Taste is of wheat with spices, light malt, lemon/citrus and light herbal notes. Light body. Dry. Clean. Moderate carbonation. Very good session beer. Really enjoyable!

Alpha10 (814) - Ontario, CANADA - JUN 23, 2013
2013/06/23 - Pours a hazy orange, straw color with a large, fluffy white head. Aroma is orange, lemon, wheat and piney hops. Taste is watery, slight wheat and a metallic, hop aftertaste. Mouthfeel is thin with medium carbonation. Seems diluted. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Freaky_tiki (1329) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 21, 2013
Pours tang crystal orange with a sturdy cottage cheese cap. Was is das? Well it ain’t your opa’s Weiss beer -- they’re pretty upfront about this from the get go -- with those sturdy hops & that throaty aftertaste. This is right up my alley & therefore will start getting rotation in my fridge. My old man always says if I wanted a Weiss why would i drink a Canadian one? This pour sidesteps that question.

shaynsawchuk (681) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 17, 2013
650 mL bottle. Pours a cloudy straw color with a spongy white head and lacing galore. Great piney, citrusy hop nose. Layers of aroma hop, hints of citronella, wax and soap. Fruity and bone dry with medium carbonation and a well rounded and smooth wheat accented mouth feel. Clean and American in style. The ultimate summer beer, dangerously sessionable.

solidfunk (9363) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - JUN 14, 2013
Pours cloudy blonde,with ok lacing, no head. Aroma of hay and a little barnyard funk. Reminds me more of a saison almost. Good if thus is the style though. Finishes bitter with some sourness. Tap at volos.

gilvanblight (826) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 18, 2012
Very hazy gold pour with a foamy frothy sticky head. Citrus and hops in the nose. Very sour. Suck all the wetness out of your mouth sour. Floral. I expected more sweetness to balance it. Yeasty aftertaste. So far I haven’t had the best of luck with the Gigs Draft list. Yeah I expect a Weiss to be more refreshing than this.

scantron (63) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 9, 2012
May 8, 2012; 4.5% abv; Non-Project X bottle - 650mL bottle, refrigerated; old bottle Mostly hop aromas: citrus and pine. Some sweet malts, caramel-like. I was surprised that there was no banana-esters (until I actually read the label); different kind of yeast. Pours a hazy amber with a nice 1cm head. Some sediment fluttered around. Pretty average looking. Grapefruit hops dominate with some pine. Caramel sweetness comes through with some bready notes. A resinous finish ends it off. Pretty well mixed stuff, though I think the complexity may have mellowed out with the age (from what I recall of the Toronto Festival of Beer cask last year). A pretty light brew overall, refreshing. Interesting take on a wheat ale. Hops and malt were well balanced.

Hammy78 (975) - Dundas, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 10, 2012
Bottle purchased at the Dundas LCBO. Pours a cloudy orange with huge fluffy white head and lacing. Smells rather hoppy. Tastes a little bitter. Except for the floaties, its rather nice and refreshing. I had this at the Toronto Beer festival and it was better.

czar (9338) - Québec, Quebec, CANADA - FEB 27, 2012
pours slighthly hazy pale yellow with a small white cap. fruity, lots of citrus, light pine, light wheat. average carbonation, light body, present citrusy finish.

terrybail (705) - London, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 14, 2012
Bottle at Mein St pours nice bubbly golden yellow gvood sized head lokks good but smells and tastes pretty bland