overall
Brewed by Great Lakes Brewery (Ontario)
Style: Wheat Ale
Etobicoke, Canada
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 90   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Okay, we’re busted! We’re calling this beer a weiss; it’s not! We’re suggesting it’s from Miami; we’ve never even been there. Confused? So are we.

What we know is it is an American style take on a traditional German wheat beer - A Pale Wheat. Rather than a mild hop presence, this baby is packed with Pacific Northwest hops. It’s made with a pale ale yeast which doesn’t produce the same banana flavour you find in German weiss beers. We also know that it goes down smooth and tastes terrific.

So, what’s with the name Miami Weiss? It’s just something the guys in marketing came up with.

kinnery (3) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 27, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2017 tried on tap at the woolly in guelph, ontario. little head, light in colour. i don't always love IPAs, but this was amazing. ! the lightness offsets the hoppiness beautifully, creating a flavourful but easily drinkable beer.

Papillon (416) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 12, 2013
650 mL Bottle. Murky yellow body with a thin but tenacious foamy white head leaving nice big blotchy lace. Resiny hops rule in the aroma, I can make out grapefruit rind but everything else is overpowered, but yet I love that resiny hoppy bouquet. Wow! This beer is truly a hybrid of distant styles with the inviting fruity entry in mouth Belgian Ale opening the act, an intense pink grapefruit rind aftertaste, and a long resiny Cascade hop finish. Yummy!

GlennHendry (487) - OSHAWA, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 30, 2015
UPDATED: JUL 13, 2017 Wonderful refreshing session beer. Citrus and tropical fruit on the nose. More citrus - especially lemon zest and orange - on the tongue. Hoppy and delicious. Summer is better with this wheat at my side

97hill (215) - - JUL 23, 2017
outta the park baby this one is my perfect summer beer can gifted from my pal Marc tasty hoppy damn that was good @glb30years well done gentlemen

garthicus (2934) - Dublin, IRELAND - JUL 1, 2010
On tap at C’est What? Appearance: Cloudy grapefruit juice with a tiny white head. Aroma: grapefruit, mango, lots of hops, wow!!!! Flavour: super mango skin, lots of bitterness, malt, tons of pepper & salt, wow. Incredible, lots of fruit. Wow.

VeloVampire (625) - Parkdale, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - APR 17, 2010
Cask at the brewery - poured a cloudy greenish gold with a firm, small white head. Lovely aromas of mango, banana, peach, and a whack of citrus. Some yeast as well. Flavour much the same, but with a pronounced bitterness at the back end. Very flavourful for a 4.5% beer. Kudos to Great Lakes (who just keep getting better and better) or this beer - I hope they brew it again, and on a more consistent basis. My favourite in the GLB stable.

Glouglouburp (6103) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 14, 2011
UPDATED: MAR 15, 2011 In short: American wheat beer meets Czech bohemian pilsner. Superb session beer
How: Bottle 650ml. Exact age unknown but consumed the very same day I received it from HogtownHarry. Thanks a lot Harry.
The look: Partly cloudy blonde body topped by a dense large white head with very good retention. This beer looks awesome
In long: Nose is bright and crisp with grassy spicy notes. Taste is crisp dry wheat reminiscent of Shredded Wheat™ cereals, a lot of Saaz-like dry spicy yellowed grass, some minerals, some minty bubblegum, some lemon peels. Body feels really full for a below 5% brew. Super crisp, a bit citric, light bitterness, very dry, highly refreshing, This is probably the best Ontario bottle of beer I’ve ever had. I’m concerned about what other people might think if I wonder what will happen if I tell people that I really love an Ontario beer or tell the jury where I have buried the body.

tomthompson89 (1982) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 26, 2011
possibly my fav wheat beer. yellowish hazy pour, with a big rocky head. nose is pungent Amirillo hops which carries through to the finish. Could and have drsnk this beer all day.

JoeMcPhee (9454) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 8, 2011
Tap at C’est What. Pale golden pour with a tight creamy white head. The aroma is awesome. Loads of bright amarillo/citra hop aroma over a lean malt base. Kind of reminds me of gumballhead. Really hoppy flavour as well - clean and crisp with just a touch of spicy wheat flavour towards the finish. Fresh and citrusy. Juicy and a little bit of bubble gum as well. Assertively hopped with a nice juicy finish. Mmm

Savvy1982 (1706) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 20, 2011
Bottle, thanks to jerc. Pours lightly cloudy yellow, 2-finger foamy white head, very persistent, fine lacing. Nose is pretty citrus hops, lemon and grapefruit predominantly, with hints of wheat behind, nice smelling beer! Flavours of grapefruit, spice, creamy body, nice bitter finish. I could drink this all day! Fun fact: Consumed while I was brewing a 4.5%, heavily hopped, wheat beer. Hopefully mine turns out as nice!