overall
RATINGS: 989   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.51/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
It has a cinnamon and ginger spice flavor, a rich copper color, and a medium body that will fit with any holiday meal.

Lowe1983 (1608) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - NOV 21, 2006
Pours a clear amber color with an off-white head. Aroma is of ginger, cinnamon, other earthy spices, yeast, and a hint of citrus. Flavor begins with the ginger and cinnamon up front that gives way to the yeasty, citrus flavor to finish. Better then I expected but still not really my kind of beer.

ExSpectator (65) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - NOV 5, 2006
on tap at the brewpub, i’ve also had it bottled. Pours reddish with a beige head. Aroma of cinnamon and ginger. Tastes of malt with a heavy spice taste of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Finish is smooth, the high alcohol is not in the taste. Always look forward to this one around the holidays.

illinismitty (2271) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 4, 2006
Draft at the Cleveland Airport. Pours amber red with a diminishing off-white head. Nice aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Medium light mouthfeel. Sweet and bready malt backbone, but the spices really dominated here. I must say this one of the best spice mixtures I have tried in a beer. I get cinnamon, ginger, berries, nutmeg, all nicely blended. Clean finish. This is 7.5%? I could not tell. I enjoyed this one a lot. Under rated.

RCL (2030) - Waltham, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 3, 2006
Very interesting spice mixture, and a very pleasant drinking beer. Not quite liquid Christmas, but damn tasty.

mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - NOV 3, 2006
A well-made beer. Kind of a reddish amber color with little head. Very sweet...maybe a bit too much. Still, a nice drink, but unlike a lot of reviewers, I would have a hard time drinking more than a couple of these in a sitting.

cewldre (268) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - NOV 2, 2006
Bottle: Pours gold in color with almost not head. Smells of cinammon and ginger with a hint of citrus. Very nice smell. Taste is full of ginger, with just a slight hint of citrus. I feel like I am drinking a a ginger bread cookie. This is getting me in the holiday mood, and it’s Nov 2.

JoeMcPhee (9451) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 2, 2006
Deep amber with a thin off-white head. Aroma of ginger and orange peel with the requisite fresh nutmeg and cinnamon as well. Flavour of very fresh toasted malt backing up the aforementioned ginger and nutmeg. Lingering bready/spicy finish. Spicing is quite restrained but tasty enough.

wheninhell (488) - chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 2, 2006
pours clear amber with an nice egg shell white head that quickly disappears. great gingerbread aroma with a hint of honey. sweet spicy gingerbread flavor. spicy fairly dry finish. light citrus hop notes throughout. medium bodied. sparkling carbonation. fantastic christmas beer. liquid gingerbread.

BenDover (230) - Texas, USA - NOV 1, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 6, 2006 Pours a medium amber color, small white head. Faint spicy odor. Taste is more subtle than I would have guessed from reading the descriptions of this beer. Amount of cinnamon is just right -- not overwhelming like I was afraid of. Also faint hint of clove, other spices as well. A very smooth ale. Nice stuff. UPDATE: Okay, this stuff is really, really growing on me. I’ve updated my scores accordingly.

RagallachMC (631) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - OCT 24, 2006
Draft at the brewpub. Aroma: Strong spiciness in the aroma, mostly cinnamon but some ginger and maybe a bit of clove. Some sweet malt with strongish caramel notes. A bit of floral perfuminess, as well. Appearance: Light reddish in color and clear. Off white head was full and rocky. Flavor: The spices really pack a punch. Strong cinnamon and ginger that actually warm the tongue with their intensity. A medium strong malt sweetness comes through with notes of honey, caramel, and breadiness. A bit of light fruit and a touch of floral. Finishes fairly dry. Palate: Medium bodied. Medium carbonation. Some alcohol warming in back of mouth. Overall: One of the beers I look forward to every year. One of the great Christmas beers.